Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Autumn birches  (Read 2034 times)

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Autumn birches
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:57:04 am »

Feedback welcome.

thierrylegros396

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1949
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 05:06:30 am »

I prefer the first because of the great atmosphere.

Well done.

Thierry
Logged

DwayneOakes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 655
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 09:47:41 am »

Wow what a view ! first image for me.

CC for first image

good

-the comp (the view)
-quality of light and mist in the BG (element)
-exposure
-color (season)
-contrast
-DOF

nit

-tiny rock point on right side of the image a bit of a distraction (heal out or crop out)

Dwayne Oakes
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:50:40 am by DwayneOakes »
Logged

Tony Jay

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2965
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 05:51:32 am »

First image for sure.
Wonderful light giving a glorious mystery to the image.
I wish I could view this image 10 foot high and just immerse myself in it!

Tony Jay
Logged

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »

Thierry, Tony: thanks!
Dwayne: I agree about the extra island. Dunno how I missed it.  ???

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7523
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 04:57:50 am »

#1 indeed is very good. The colours, warmth, and composition, are very good.

PeterAit

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4647
    • Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:12 am »

The first photo is lovely with great light, mood, and composition. I am a bit bothered by the softness of the leaves in the foreground tree. I am not nearly the sharpness nazi that some are, but even so it caught my eye right away. I wonder if a treatment with Focus Magic would help?
Logged

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:57:05 pm »

Thanks, Peter: good suggestion.
Thanks, Paulo.
Tony: an advantage of photography for me is that it prolongs the enjoyment of fleeting instants of fine light.

polaris-14

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
    • Portfolio
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:11:14 pm »

I agree with Peter about the softness here, but the color is awesome on these shots. Ah, Fall: My favorite season.
Logged
Adhika Lie
Website | Flickr

muntanela

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 687
    • BRATA
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 10:06:19 am »

I really like the first one, I agree with DwayneOakes about the tiny rock. I would try to lighten the leaves of birches (in both photos) with a selective use of the curves. I would try also to darken the ground in the second photo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:14:09 am by muntanela »
Logged

sdwilsonsct

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3312
Re: Autumn birches
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 10:20:35 am »

Adhika, Muntanela: thanks. The image has already been curved and lightened. I'll try some variants before printing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up