Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeff Schewe's Digital Negative and C1  (Read 1302 times)

willowsr

Jeff Schewe's Digital Negative and C1
« on: September 15, 2015, 04:54:53 pm »

Many years ago I had an unfortunate experience with Lightroom in a client presentation, and so have been a committed and satisfied C1 user ever since.  That said, I've long admired (and successfully used) Jeff Schewe's  PS and Photokit Sharpener work.  I'm wondering whether or not his recent version of the Digital Negative, which I understand is Lightroom centric, might be useful, at a conceptual level,  to a C1 based workflow.  Or is the overall approach and tool set in Lightroom so fundamentally different that only headaches would ensue?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Jed Wormhoudt

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Re: Jeff Schewe's Digital Negative and C1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 01:22:08 pm »

Well, I bought Jeff's Digital Print book, thinking that at least the general points would be translatable to CaptureOne (they are), and since I was using Photoshop to print from anyway it made sense.

What I didn't expect is that I would be so taken with the Lightroom print functionality, and Jeff's description of this, that countless years of resistance to Lightroom would be overwhelmed. I bought a subscription to Lightroom/Photoshop, using the Flickr Pro discount, and I'm sort of embarassed to say that I've abandoned CaptureOne.

So beware :-)
--
David Mantripp
Pages: [1]   Go Up