Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farbenwerk.com  (Read 8007 times)

graeme

Farbenwerk.com
« on: September 12, 2015, 03:09:41 pm »

Have any of the UK based forum members checked out the B&W inksets from these guys:

http://www.farbenwerk.com/farbenwerk-Home-eng

Would be interested to hear of your experiences.

Graeme

Erland

Re: Farbenwerk.com
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:37 am »

I've ordered 2 samples. One pearl - matt, and one Carbon. They were printed on a double sided Tecco paper, which I think has a slight, slight pinkish tint. Overall the quality was very good. No color tint on the pearl, except for the highlights, where the paper color showed through. And a very slight warm tone on the carbon. But the pictures they have on the samples doesn't contain enough tonal range to see how my own images would look like.
I will order 3-4 inks in the carbon range, and use in my Epson 1400, since I don't have any need for perfect, six ink results.

Service Technician Digital Printers and Peripherals.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400.

graeme

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:43:26 am »

Thanks Erland. Sounds interesting.

Graeme

Erland

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:05:04 am »

I Have today acquired 100ml of the pigment black ink from a large, continuous format printer. Will try a 3mk approach, and see if its worth it.

Farbenwerk had something called Carbonprint pro inkset, that I was going to purchase, however, they just stopped shipping it, and will only in the future have similar inksets for +8 inks printer.
However the Museum and Pearl inksets remain from what I understand.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:36 am »

But the pictures they have on the samples doesn't contain enough tonal range to see how my own images would look like.

I just received my sample print of the carbon pearl on smooth baryta. The paper looks very nice, but there does appear to be something strange going on with the tonal gradations: to my eye, there seems to be a discontinuity between black (the borders, and the head-band of the goggles on the boy in the lower right-hand pic) and the darkest greys (the bottom of the hull of the boat in the upper RH).

It may just be the file, it's a shame they don't offer the image file so I could compare it with my own printer.

Erland

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 10:02:06 am »

My testprint was on a Tecco Rag paper. Somewhat pinkish tint on the paper. The overall quality is good, but it did not convince me compared to ABW or IPF black and white mode. But I think it is because of the paper and picture combination. The museum inks sample was a lot better, on the same paper. And since the rag paper is Duo, I printed my own test sample on the back, and it looks better than the pearl. From what I understand the Pearl is a warm or cold inkset, and I have no idea how my sample is printed.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400.

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 01:36:39 pm »

Mine definitely looks warmer than my pro-100 prints on RC paper (Lumière prestige). It's also different to Canson platine, which is more yellow, so yes, looking at the three together, "pinkish" is probably a good description.

It's actually impressive to see how blue the Lumière looks just now (18h30) with the just-pre-sunset light coming in the south-facing window...!
Pages: [1]   Go Up