Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 2200 - Automatic Crop  (Read 3289 times)

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
Epson 2200 - Automatic Crop
« on: March 16, 2006, 09:38:36 am »

Hello.  I've been using the Epson 2200 for years and have had no problem with it. I use a Mac and have had to create my own paper dimensions since for some reason "centered" is not really centered. I was noticing recently however that the picture is also slightly cropped.  Let me explain.

I've been printing photos from my D70 at 300 dpi. This means that the photos are about 10.027 by 6.667 inches. I decided recently to "stroke" my images with a black border. When printing, this border appears on all sides except for the right side of the image (landscape). On closer inspection I realized that the image is still a little shifted to the left and the right side is very slightly cropped. I never noticed this until I printed the black border.  

Any ideas? Are there paper profiles or something that I need to get again from epson?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Eli

Dale_Cotton

• http://daystarvisions.com
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:26:30 am »

The Epson driver imposes unequal margins. It allows you to print as close as 0.12" on all sides except the trailing edge. The printer needs to hold on to a certain amount of paper to maintain traction while laying down ink near the end of each job. By default the driver reserves a full half inch on the trailing edge of matte papers, but this can be decreased in the driver under the Paper tab by setting Printable Area to Maximum.

From the on-line reference guide:

The minimum top margin is 3.0 mm (0.12").

The minimum left margin is 3.0 mm (0.12").

The minimum right margin is 3.0 mm (0.12").

The minimum setting of the bottom margin is 14.0 mm (0.55").

When printing near the minimum bottom margin, some colors may not be printed properly. If this occurs, try increasing the bottom margin.

* You can extend the minimum bottom margin to 3 mm by selecting Maximum as the Printable Area setting on the printer software's Paper menu (Windows) or in the Page Setup dialog box (Macintosh). However, print quality may decline in the expanded area. Before printing large jobs using this setting, print a single sheet to confirm printout quality.

* When printing with the Borderlessfeature, print quality may decline in the top and bottom areas of the printout, or the area may be smeared.

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:59:31 pm »

Thanks Dale.  

I've tried everything regarding the size of the print, but when I'm printing this size, regardless of where the photo falls on the paper, it never prints the stroke on the right hand side of the image.  Geez small things like these are frustrating.

Eli

p.tinson

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 01:26:15 pm »

If you are using a 1 pixel stroke the problem could be the drivers interpulation.
The Epson drivers interpulate to 360 or 720 ppi.
Try setting the image to 360 ppi.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up