Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Exploding" NEC PA 272W  (Read 2713 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
"Exploding" NEC PA 272W
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:53:17 am »

I had been working on the computer for a while and then left it for a couple of hours. When I sat down to work at it again, the monitor went of like a gunshot as I touched the mouse!

To cut a long story short, NEC (Part-Serve) in South Africa have repaired it under warranty - in spite of the fact that I bought it from B&H in New York. They replaced/repaired the power supply and serviced it while they were about it.

Well done NEC!
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Simon Garrett

Re: "Exploding" NEC PA 272W
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 12:11:52 pm »

Well done NEC!

Great that they fixed it, but even better if they didn't sell the self-detonating version.   ;)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »

I am curious what was the picture you left on the screen that prompted the monitor to commit suicide? It can't be that bad, can it?  ;)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 03:57:54 am »

I am curious what was the picture you left on the screen that prompted the monitor to commit suicide? It can't be that bad, can it?  ;)

Funny you mention that! I did not think that what was on the screen at the time might be related to the shock it obviously received. I went back in my history and it appears that this picture is the culprit!
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 10:14:11 am »

Touché, my friend!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up