Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 8.3.2 - LCC Dust Removal Issue  (Read 1896 times)

sam@

C1 8.3.2 - LCC Dust Removal Issue
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:53:25 am »

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered - I did search but couldn't find.
I may be doing something very obviously wrong..?

LCC Issue:
I can't for the life of me seem to get the check box for dust removal highlighted so that I can select that option - it gives me the other LCC options.
I have recently upgraded to 8.3.2 - using with a Sony A7r on Mac.

The main reason I have forced myself to use C1 the past couple years is to use the dust removal feature..

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C1 8.3.2 - LCC Dust Removal Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:54 am »

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered - I did search but couldn't find.
I may be doing something very obviously wrong..?

LCC Issue:
I can't for the life of me seem to get the check box for dust removal highlighted so that I can select that option - it gives me the other LCC options.
I have recently upgraded to 8.3.2 - using with a Sony A7r on Mac.

The main reason I have forced myself to use C1 the past couple years is to use the dust removal feature..

Hi Sam,

Have you activated the dust removal option when creating the LCC? Or is it that, that's not working, instead of actually applying the corrections to files?

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 10:32:42 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

sam@

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:37:12 pm »

Hi Bart

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I have checked that box - then I create the LCC and when created the dust removal is not highlighted / not an option to apply.
I've attached a couple of screen shot jpegs to show  -

Just to clarify
The LCC and dust removal works with my Canon 5d3 files but not the A7r files. (8.3.2)
I have been using LCCs in my previous version of C1 also with a 5d3 - but had to update to be able to convert from the A7r files.

Although C1 gives a nice result, I would stay with ACR if it had an LCC option as I personally find it second nature and much quicker of me to use .
All my work is shot at small aperture with tilt shifts (f11 / f13) and dust is a major time consumer.

Thanks very much,

Sam

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:11:34 am »

Just to clarify
The LCC and dust removal works with my Canon 5d3 files but not the A7r files. (8.3.2)

Hi Sam,

That sounds like a bug you'd need to verify with Capture One support. But first try the new C1 version 8.3.3, maybe it got fixed already?

Although C1 gives a nice result, I would stay with ACR if it had an LCC option as I personally find it second nature and much quicker of me to use .
All my work is shot at small aperture with tilt shifts (f11 / f13) and dust is a major time consumer.

I can imagine, I'm currently shooting a lot of T/S product shots with narrow apertures myself. Especially when narrow apertures are required, an LCC style dust removal is most certainly the preferred method. It should be a mandatory feature for professional Raw converters. Some cameras even have the ability to record a dustmap in the Raw file, but it requires their proprietary Raw converter to be able and remove the dust with it.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

sam@

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 04:34:10 am »

Hi Bart
Thanks again - I agree with everything you said - will try the latest version first.
Really appreciate your reply and always read your posts with interest (although over my head technically in some of them..)
Regards
Sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up