Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hong Kong skyline - 350MP panorama  (Read 22860 times)

shadowblade

Re: Hong Kong skyline - 350MP panorama
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 09:38:24 pm »

Shadowblade,
I tend to agree with Slobodan, except I don't think I would buy either because neither is ideal; although I can imagine I might buy it if I'd lived in Hong Kong for some time, had now left, and wanted a memo or souvenir, and your shot was the best one available of this particular view which had impressed me on the occasion I had visited the area.

This issue really highlights the problem we photographers face when visiting an area with a magnificent view, at a time when the conditions are not ideal. I always try to return to such places when the weather is clear, or the sky is spectacular, or whatever. In this particular case of the Hong Kong skyline, what was needed was a good shower of rain the day before you visited the area.  ;)

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain your processes.

There was no shortage of rain, and the wind was even blowing the right direction, carrying pollution from China further inland rather than blowing it over Hong Kong. There were clear skies every day, in the middle of the day - clouds and haze would always set in around sunrise and sunset... This was the best out of five mornings shooting from the same spot.

I could return there in November or January when passing through to somewhere else, but, at that time of the year, the sun rises from the wrong direction.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 10:20:23 pm by shadowblade »

Ray

Re: Hong Kong skyline - 350MP panorama
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 11:10:27 pm »

There was no shortage of rain, and the wind was even blowing the right direction, carrying pollution from China further inland rather than blowing it over Hong Kong. There were clear skies every day, in the middle of the day - clouds and haze would always set in around sunrise and sunset... This was the best out of five mornings shooting from the same spot.

In that case, perhaps you could use the 'haze' shots as a political statement, to the effect that, even when the wind is blowing from Hong Kong to China, the pollution is still there.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up