Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a book in Lightroom CC  (Read 6294 times)

free2australian

Creating a book in Lightroom CC
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:04:48 am »

I have just created my book in Lightroom CC .  However, when I wanted to send the book to Blurb for publishing I received a message that some photos present as transparent and they will not be seen in the book.  Why would this happen?

Also How would I know which they are?

thank you

sue

francois

Re: Creating a book in Lightroom CC
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:26:54 am »

Don't worry, send the book to Blurb and then go to Blurb.com and check every page of your uploaded book. I believe that HDRs or panoramas created in Lightroom are not flattenened, they have no background layer just a layer named Layer 0.
I created an HDR image in LR 6.1 and then opened the DNG file in Photoshop. There's no background layer.
Francois

free2australian

HDR in Lightroom question
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 04:09:27 am »

thanks Francis

I  tried using the  HDR option in Lightroom - However I am unable to see the  Merge HDR result .    On checking Julieanne - Krost u tube on using HDR  "see Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC tutorials" on Adobe website" -

Her use of  HDR merge option  ends up as a DNG.   What happens if my photos are not geared for the DNG option?  Does the HDR option not work?

Sue

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 04:41:49 am »

HDR created in Lightroom are saved as DNG but the original photos don't need to be DNGs.

If you don't see the resulting file (HDR or panorama) you may have a custom sorting order in Lightroom and your newly created HDR is not showing up along with the original files.
Francois

free2australian

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:31:27 pm »

Hi Francois

I have not set up in custom sorting order for HDR - If I want to set up the HDR to display next to the original photo, how do I do this?

Sue

francois

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 03:36:26 am »

Hi Francois

I have not set up in custom sorting order for HDR - If I want to set up the HDR to display next to the original photo, how do I do this?

Sue

On my computer, when looking at "All Photographs" in Lightroom's gallery module, I have the sorting order set to Capture Time. HDR merged photos are shown alongside the original raw files.

If that doesn't work, try to contact John Beardsworth on this forum.
Francois

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 07:19:46 am »

I can't add anything more than you've said, Francois. That should work as you've described, though maybe there's a Library Filter in effect, or maybe a smart collection?

francois

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 04:22:46 am »

…maybe there's a Library Filter in effect, or maybe a smart collection?

Yes, that's the only thing I can imagine.

;)
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up