Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limited features when tethered to Canon?  (Read 11380 times)

Abdulrahman Aljabri

• http://www.aljabri.com
Limited features when tethered to Canon?
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:40:38 am »

I downloaded a trial copy of capture one pro 8.3.2 and tethering is working with my Canon 5d Mark3, but it has limited features. For example, I can't seem to find an auto bracket feature. Is there a way to enable auto bracketing using capture one? Also, I can't enable the electronic in camera level, which is an available feature in the Canon utility. Is there a way to view the in camera level while in live view?
MY SITE: AL

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Limited features when tethered to Canon?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:23:44 am »

I downloaded a trial copy of capture one pro 8.3.2 and tethering is working with my Canon 5d Mark3, but it has limited features. For example, I can't seem to find an auto bracket feature. Is there a way to enable auto bracketing using capture one? Also, I can't enable the electronic in camera level, which is an available feature in the Canon utility. Is there a way to view the in camera level while in live view?

Hi Abdul,

My Canon doesn't have a built in level, so I cannot verify for you. However, these levels have limited accuracy (usually something like +/-1 degree).

Therefore it may be a better solution to switch on the Capture One Pro "Overlay grid", with a grid type that you can choose in the preferences, or add one of your own as a (semi-)transparent grid picture (e.g. a PNG) if you have a specific type of requirement (you can even create/choose something not horizontal/vertical, if it has to be another angle).

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:52:22 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Abdulrahman Aljabri

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:20:10 pm »

Hi Abdul,

My Canon doesn't have a built in level, so I cannot verify for you. However, these levels have limited accuracy (usually something like +/-1 degree).

Therefore it may be a better solution to switch on the Capture One Pro "Overlay grid", with a grid type that you can choose in the preferences, or add one of your own as a (semi-)transparent grid picture (e.g. a PNG) if you have a specific type of requirement (you can even create/choose something not horizontal/vertical, if it has to be another angle).

Cheers,
Bart

Hello Bart,

Thanks for the feedback. My Canon 5D Mk3 has a built in electronic level and it's pretty accurate. I never had to correct beyond 0.1-0.2 degrees.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 03:49:46 am »

Why would you need to auto bracket, tethered?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Abdulrahman Aljabri

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:34:51 am »

Why would you need to auto bracket, tethered?

So I dont have to dial it in manually. If I am shooting 10 single stop exposures I want to set the camera to take them automatically. This saves time and more importantly eliminates potential for mistakes. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 12:15:44 pm »

So I dont have to dial it in manually. If I am shooting 10 single stop exposures I want to set the camera to take them automatically. This saves time and more importantly eliminates potential for mistakes.

Hi Abdul,

I think you'll find few (if any) Raw converters that directly tap into all possible camera functions. There are separate utilities that already do that (for some cameras), and they can save the Raws to a separate folder which can be monitored/watched by some Rawconverters (C1 is one of them).

Bracketed shooting, for both exposure and focus bracketing, is e.g. offered by Helicon Remote. Regular tethering (and setting of camera tethering) is offered by Camera utils like Canon's Camera Utility. Its captures can also be watched by C1.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up