Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Standalone Upgrade 5.7 to 6  (Read 5236 times)

AlRohrer

Lightroom Standalone Upgrade 5.7 to 6
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:37:06 am »

I have the standalone version of LR 5.7 and PS CS6 on one computer and the photographer's Creative Cloud Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC on two other computers. I have separate catalogs of different images for each version of LR. I have already paid for upgrade to LR 6 for my standalone version but can't figure out how to upgrade 5.7 without putting in pay information again or conflicting with Creative Cloud.
All I want to do is install my upgrade to LR 5.7 on the one computer as simple as possible. Please keep in mind I have already paid for the upgrade and just need to install it. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Al Rohrer

Denis de Gannes

Re: Lightroom Standalone Upgrade 5.7 to 6
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:53:50 pm »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:57:44 pm by Denis de Gannes »
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:03:30 pm »

The key bit in Denis's link is in the section on Mixed licensing considerations:
If you have both a membership and serial number for Lightroom CC and want the option to enter a serial number with installation, you will need to sign into [ie install] Lightroom with an Adobe ID that does not have a Lightroom membership associated with it. Simply create a new Adobe ID to sign in with. Logging into[Installing and then starting] Lightroom with an Adobe ID with no active Creative Cloud memberships will allow Lightroom to ask for a serial number.

So create that account, ensure you're signed into it on the computer which is going to have the serial number Lightroom, and then install Lr. Start it and you should be able to enter the serial number.

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 02:39:29 am »

Chris Kern had a post about this a few months ago:

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=99764.0

He had to create a new account AND, because he was upgrading, transfer the license on which the upgrade was based to that account.  I'd be interested to see if that is still the case.

AlRohrer

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:22:03 am »

Yes! And thank you very much. Chris Kern's post covers exactly what I am trying to do.
It may take me a couple weeks to get around to doing this as it appears I may have to spend some time on the phone but if I get it done (or not) I'll post back here with the results or any changes.
Thank you all.
Al Rohrer
Pages: [1]   Go Up