Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ...and the sun slips through the wandering morning fog.  (Read 4800 times)

Patricia Sheley

...and the sun slips through the wandering morning fog.
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:14:06 pm »

Thank you to all who took a moment to allow a connection of sorts to the the illusive light that so enchants and soothes my spirit through all disruptions of life...the same morning, of concurrent moonset and sunrise, as the moon slipped beneath the curve we navigate, the sun rose seeking a resting place.

Below represents but a flash of the many glorious moments that morning trio of twilights, this occurring during the civil.

I apologize for my tardiness in reply but also wish to let you know I have just returned from the selfsame waters bearing wonderful magical news. I first was captivated here by stars and moon and sun in seemingly limitless guises 56 years ago. While on the water as I experienced the light from 1 am through the 5:00 hour, my curiosity was awakened to a marking I had not noticed before.

It is with enormous joy I can let you know that we now have two deep water moorings and what will be our year round resting place on a reach within paddling distance along this reach. Once we have fully departed CT and Mass. I look forward to sharing with like minded seekers of light this wonderful place on the earth, blanketed at night with wondrous star fields and spruce scents wafting across the waters.

I have always considered so many of you "friend" and look forward to the continued journey....Ad astra!!!
and Lumine.
Patricia
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:16:45 pm by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: ...and the sun slips through the wandering morning fog.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:22:21 pm »

What a magical moment, so beautifully captured!

Congratulations on finding your perfect mooring.

I trust your boat is the one on the right (the three-master).   :D

Best,

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »

Glorious!

Tony Jay

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »

Honestly Eric, the light changed so extraordinarily moment by moment that I found over and over I was not breathing...and each time deeply inhaled to stop my heart from racing. You jest of course about the three masted schooner, but to let you know just one small part of the serendipity this past week, as we signed papers one of the fleet turned into wind to set anchor for the evening just a brief swim from our moorings.

Tony, am not able to properly explain the experience of the twilights those mornings...it was not a matter of seeking the moment...it was a matter of slipping out of an almost trance-like state to release the exposure...
A common woman~

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 03:31:33 am »

Moody and very good image. Perhaps a tad too green in the sky?

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:17:48 am »

Hello Paulo. Regarding this image and the image posted in July moonset / sunrise, that is an interesting observation as it helps me understand how the area where you live has seasoned the expectations of your vision.

Imagine if you will the photographer's flip open large reflectors, 36" and larger, and how each device is used for the purposes of some in their "work". Gold warming reflectors, white exposure control reflectors, silver intensity reflectors and mixtures of each. Now look around your large surrounds and imagine which the whole of them equals.

Here, near Matinicus at sea, N4400-W6830 / 15 the surrounds are sea, and island upon island of lush standing Spruce trees. There is not the warming of much in the way of sand shoal or beach as the reveals at lower tides are largely granite, erratics and mix conglomerate of them as "beach".

On this morning,  as you saw in my earlier post the moon was gloriously setting, only moment by moment revealing in the dance of surface fogs. The dance continued and though the moon had set and an entirely different reflector was taking over with the rising sun, the fogs were still picking up the reflected surface lights of the sea below and just a bit of the end of the blue hour peeking through from above. I watched that palette mixed and remixed all through that morning of twilights. The image below is but one of the mixes. I have never experienced it with the continuing intensity and variety of this morning and am thankful for every moment.

I have a late 19th century marine painting, a stormy sea marine, (W. Plummer) of the same phenomena but the light transformed by the storm whipped sea and though that painting has travelled my life with me along with a small Bierstadt, I have both because both have always tried to make me more aware of what actually is the light informing my vision...they are how I came to love Turner and though I will never have one, on this morning I received the gift of many that will forever be a part of me and dream.

Light, just light, is a wondrous and magical alchemy, and should I pass away at this moment, that morning was worth all of life to the present.

Thank you for your observation, as it helped me to sort the way to further understanding beyond the rational.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:22:27 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 01:27:21 pm »

Magnificent!!

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 02:19:40 am »

I'll add my mite to this volley of well-deserved praise.

francois

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 02:43:37 am »

Congrats! this is short but everything has been said by previous posters.
Francois

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up