Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6 fouled up a tad  (Read 3246 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
LR 6 fouled up a tad
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:45:03 pm »

Hi All

Due to OS issues I had to restore my W7 Pro back to a date before my LR6 installation.  So the desktop link went though I have the program installed on a different partition to the OS partition the program is still there but clearly something has been lost in the common files and or the registry as when I try to launch it I get the attached dialogue.  I looked for the app manager but all I get is the CC version being offered :(

So please can someone advise me as the best & proper way to get my LR6 'corrected'............................and overlay install perhaps???

Many thanks in advance :)

PS whilst waiting for those with guidance for me here at Lula, my continued Googling where there are links back to Adobe only open and refer to CC with no mention (looks like they stripped out all perpetual license help and support pages???) of how to resolve this issue with LR6 :(

PPS FWIW the AAM in CS6 is there via the Help file and running now with its wait animation but of note ACRAW is version 9.1.0.441 and do when I originally updated LR6 to 6.1 the LR AAM also identified ACRAW I think to version 9.1 so if my recall is correct would CS6 have been updated to that version at the same time???
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:50:27 pm by Box Brownie »
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
Re: LR 6 fouled up a tad
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:07:55 am »

If you use the Adobe App manager to install LR6, when it asks for your registration number it will recognize that you have a perpetual license from the reg number, at least it did with me.

Paul
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:58:41 am »

If you use the Adobe App manager to install LR6, when it asks for your registration number it will recognize that you have a perpetual license from the reg number, at least it did with me.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the insight, so the AAM for LR is in effect universal and can be installed from the download, then use as the installation controller so to speak.

A concern was because I used restore in the Win7 I had lost some common installed items installed on this C drive.........so is or was a case of simply do a reinstall/overlay install on LR6 using my originally downloaded LR6 or as in the case you appear state is to install the AAM and reinstall LR6 via that (unfamiliar) method.

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 02:41:18 am »

Once LR is installed if you go to "Help", "About LR" it tells you all about the version you have installed and what type of license you have, in my case it says perpetual, I actually wanted to install LR CC as I've decided to get  CC so I can get Photoshop CC too and get the incremental updates. I had to reinstall LR to get flickr to authenticate anyway and decided to install the CC version along with Photoshop CC. All installed ok but when I entered my existing license it accepted it but shows I still have a perpetual licence, I'm still using the one month trial version of CC so once I subscribe it may change to CC license, I'll have to wait and see.

Paul
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:12 pm »

Update and in case it helps others in a similar situation?

Having looked into it as much as I could find I did an overlay re-install and the installer recognised the presence of the previous installation and installed AOK to the same location, the installer did the LR6 "thing" of needing the serial number to be installed and registered online with my Adobe account but it was a straightforward a process as it could have been with as far as I can tell so far all my preferences et al in place.

Plus this method re-installed the AAM and by checking for updates the July one to 6.1.1 is there to download when I am ready to do so  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up