Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making People and Other Things go Away  (Read 35619 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Making People and Other Things go Away
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 03:06:45 am »

You are wrong...simply select the images in Bridge and Load into Photoshop Layers, select all and convert to a Smart Object then modify the Blend Mode.

Jeff, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the arithmetic SO blending is only available in CS6 Extended, not basic. I seem to remember that it was one of the reasons that I upgraded from CS5, long ago.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alto

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 09:49:21 am »

Hi All

Great technique but can't get it to work in CS6 basic .

regards

Jon

JerseyT

• Judd Photo Page
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 01:04:14 pm »

Jeff, I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the arithmetic SO blending is only available in CS6 Extended, not basic. I seem to remember that it was one of the reasons that I upgraded from CS5, long ago.

I agree. CS6 basic has no statistics and no median. I loaded 4 layers, selected all and converted to smart object. Result was a single layer and no changes in available blend modes.

4Pi-VR

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 10:46:51 am »

If your images are taken from a tripod with everything manual, it shouldn't be necessary to go through the photomerge and smart object steps. You can simply open Photoshop, choose File>Scripts>Statistics and choose your images (or open files, if they are already open in PS.) It could save some time if you have a lot of images.

4Pi-VR

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 11:41:24 am »

I used this technique a few years ago to make an interesting photo. I was at the IVRPA (International VR Photography Association) meeting in San Francisco and we did a photoshoot walk across the Golden Gate bridge. In keeping with the group's interest in panoramic photography, I was making a spherical panorama on the bridge. Of course, there are tons of people and cars on the bridge, but I wanted it to appear empty, so I took a bunch of images at each angle where it was needed. It worked pretty well and stitched together just fine. I call it Golden Gate Ghost. I am attaching it below, both the original stitch and after making it more ghostly looking.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 12:53:36 pm »

If your images are taken from a tripod with everything manual, it shouldn't be necessary to go through the photomerge and smart object steps. You can simply open Photoshop, choose File>Scripts>Statistics and choose your images (or open files, if they are already open in PS.) It could save some time if you have a lot of images.

Yes that is one way to do it, but you wouldn't see the steps involved.  Like a lot of things in PS, there are a few ways to accomplish the same thing.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

dreed

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 08:58:49 am »

This is fantastic. Another one of the powerful Photoshop features that I had no idea existed. I always have issues when shooting architectural exteriors. It is hard enough removing signage, light poles and other obstacles, but being able to clear cars and people is certainly a big deal. Thanks Kevin, for passing on this technique.
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

tefoonez72

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 12:49:21 pm »

Looks like a great technique but sadly unable to make this work - cannot see the option to select Median. Went down one of the suggestions below except the option of Scripts is also devoid of Statistics... :(

Are there any other methods someone would like to share or perhaps another piece of software?

Thanks
Daniel

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »

Daniel, you may be working with an older version of Photoshop.  The newer versions have this available.  Certain older versions did not as at that time they offered several tiers of pricing. 

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

tefoonez72

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 01:03:51 pm »

Daniel, you may be working with an older version of Photoshop.  The newer versions have this available.  Certain older versions did not as at that time they offered several tiers of pricing. 

Kevin Raber

Many thanks for the swift reply Kevin, I shall download a newer version as a trial and see how I get on with this.  :)

russellsnr

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 02:19:08 am »

Hi, a little late to the party on this but  I also have P/S CS6 but not the extenmded version and this STACK/MEDIAN filter is not available so I have tried to find another software that can do it and at this time the only one beleive it or not is the FREE GIMP with a plug-in for GIMP called GMIC it is slow but it does the job. I have also looked for an action or script for P/S CS6 but no luck.
Anyone no differant???
Thanks
Russ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up