Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printing direct from c1  (Read 930 times)

sgwrx

printing direct from c1
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:00:40 pm »

anyone attend the c1 webinar entitled "process to print"?  it definitely has some capability to print.  especially for quick contact sheets.

otherwise, in the print dialog box there's an option to sharpen, which looks like it is over and above the sharpening you may or may not do normally.  there was no radius or threshold settings, just one slider for sharpen.  i don't know how everyone else feels, but sometimes i think sharpening is made to be more complicated than it should be.  although, i've read up and seen examples of techniques that are pretty impressive. idk.

also in the print dialog box is a setting for resolution. in the webinar it had two options of 360ppi and 720ppi.  the host was printing to an epson printer and that might be why those options match up.  i'll have to do some more research but i'm unclear on whether any upsizing/resampling is done with this setting.  it was said that c1 has a maximum resample of 200%.

there was no mention of "paper white" when it comes to previewing with a specific paper profile. i forgot to ask about it, but neither did anyone else ask.

what strikes me most about c1 (i'm new to pro version) is it's ability to be flexible enough to do some pretty creative non-destructive things. for example the extra sharpening in the print dialog box or any of the local adjustments really.  you seem to be able to find creative ways to do things.  as always, there's more that could be done :)

-steve

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: printing direct from c1
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:36:11 am »

Hi Steve,

The Sharpening slider in the Print dialog you can consider as an extra step for Output sharpening.  It is performed with a radius based on the output resolution.

There is no magic number of what to set here.  It depends on printer, subject, paper type and so on.  As I said yesterday in the webinar, I fell on a value of about 50 for an A4 print coming out of the Epson R2880.  Your needs may be different.  :)

I am glad you found the webinar useful.  Hope to see you again!

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Jeff Griffin

Re: printing direct from c1
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:41:20 am »

Unfortunately I could not attend the webinars yesterday but it appears they contained some useful information  / tips so look forward to watching the recording in due course. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up