Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello and my CSC experience  (Read 1212 times)

Kiwi Paul

• My flickr
Hello and my CSC experience
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:38:57 am »

Hi folks,
I've been a lurker here for a while but just joined the other day so thought I'd say hello and give my opinions of the kit I use.

I'm a Kiwi living in Aberdeen, Scotland, I've been here 10 years.

I use m43 gear, I have 2 OMD EM5 bodies and a GH3 body. I have the Lumix 7-14, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300, new version 14-140, 25mm prime and Oly 60mm Macro.
I've had this kit now for a couple of years and like it enough not to be tempted to try any of the newer Oly lens offerings. I really like the EM5, just bought the second one recently as I like using 2 bodies that are the same, makes it instantly familiar when swapping over, I put one lens on one and another lens on the other so its quick and easy to swap between lenses. In recent trips to Spain and Italy I used both bodies one with the 7-14 and the other with the 14-140 so a very versatile and compact lightweight setup which provides excellent images.
I'm impressed with the IQ of the 14-140, better than I anticipated, a bit soft around the edges but for what it is a great lens. The 7-14, 12-35 and 35-100 are excellent lenses, small compact and lightweight with very good IQ and a nice solid build feel to them. The 100-300 is very good for its price (I got mine used), it's not a patch on the 90-250 Zuiko SHG lens I used to own but for its price is worthwhile having in the kit bag.
The macro 60mm is lovely, m43 is great for macro as you can use the live view and the EM5 and 60mm seem to go well together, I've some cracker macro shots.

I recently purchased the Epson SC P800 A2 printer and printed my first A2 prints and was impressed with the quality and detail preserved in such a large print, so m43 is very capable of printing large, detailed prints.

I love the compactness of the m43 system, it's easy to carry a variety of lenses and 2 bodies in a small or medium size bag and not be burdened down by the weight.

Paul

Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6
Pages: [1]   Go Up