Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: linear response a success story  (Read 7531 times)

sgwrx

linear response a success story
« on: July 26, 2015, 10:23:00 pm »

there have been some discussions on linear response curve and auto or standard etc.  i usually run into the clouds near the sun example and i think that may be from the image professor blog.  i have gotten some success out of linear response with a photo of a downtown restaurant nestled in between two multi-story buildings.  the face of the restaurant is very white efis material that has some cracks and stains. my exposure was just low enough to give it a value range in the high 240's.  using the linear response and hand tweaking the curves, i was able to get some details like the water stains and cracks to show up better than using the auto or standard mode. especially when adding clarity.  the curve is really crazy looking, and after an hour or two of playing with it and variations, it doesn't seem to adversely affect the rest of the image. so - good thing!

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Re: linear response a success story
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:31:57 am »

Yes I made a similar experience.

Thanks for the message

;D
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:44:42 pm »

Film Standard curves i also found a little agressive. So i put a Linear curve, Exposure slider +1EV and saved as defaults for my camera (A7r). In most cases it is the thing. In rare occasion i touch a curves panel now.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:50:56 am »

Film Standard curves i also found a little agressive. So i put a Linear curve, Exposure slider +1EV and saved as defaults for my camera (A7r). In most cases it is the thing. In rare occasion i touch a curves panel now.

Yes, same here. Not only does the film curve response suggest that I'm overexposing (which RawDigger confirms that I'm not), but with a linear curve as a start I get much control over my highlight rolloff. Also saved as a camera default style, I never have to change that behavior unless I specifically want to.

Cheers,
Bart.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

sgwrx

Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »

i didnt think of starting off with the exposure slider first, then tweaking the curves.  good idea!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up