Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Links to images  (Read 2387 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Links to images
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:32:34 pm »

Ok, I can make links to my Google blogs to upload images to LuLa and it works well however it is a bit of a pain as I have to post twice (once to the blog and then to LuLa). I've been corresponding lately with my sisters though Facebook and I can isolate single images that I have posted. Copying the URL for my blog images and pasting it into the image link works fine however when I do the same thing from the Facebook URL I get a broken image icon. Is there a simple way of posting a full size image to LuLa?

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Arlen

Re: Links to images
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:13:13 pm »

Tom, when you embed an image in a post using the "Insert Image" icon above the Post Reply text box, the image has to be hosted by some other website, and the website has to allow Direct Linking. Some host websites allow it, some don't, and some do only if direct linking is checked somewhere in your account preferences. Embedded (direct linked) images show up within the post here at the exact location you insert them; they are automatically limited to 800 pixels wide, and will be reduced to that size if you use something larger.

Another way to get your image to show up here is to attach it to your post. At the bottom of the Post Reply dialog, below the text box, you will see the word Attach. Click "Choose File", and you can select an image that is on your computer. It will show up as a large thumbnail at the bottom of your post (though not in the Preview), and when people click on it, it will expand to its full size. I suggest looking at other posts where people have done this, and get a feel for how it works and the image sizes etc. that people are using here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:14:59 pm by Arlen »

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:23:41 am »

I usually copy the URL from the top of the window but that doesn't work. A right click on the image and using "copy link Address" worked. Thanks for the help and I must say that Facebook has some funky interface issues!

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Arlen

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:38:06 am »

If the URL of the page with an image you want to link does not end in .jpg (or .png, .gif, etc.) then the URL for it won't work as a direct link here. You are looking at a page that happens to include the image, but it's not the address of the image itself. Right-clicking on the image as you did and getting the image's address is the right way to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up