Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images missing from CF card  (Read 1419 times)

The View

Images missing from CF card
« on: July 16, 2015, 11:55:40 pm »

I just downloaded the images from today's shoot off a cf card.

About the last 100 images I shot went missing. I still saw them when I checked during the shoot.

Only 26 images were on that CF card.

What happened? Faulty card? Faulty camera?
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

The View

Re: Images missing from CF card
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 03:10:17 am »

I got myself data recovery software that really worked well.

Only: the images I lost weren't on the card. I recovered a ton of images that I had deleted after downloading them.

I could not find a single image of the missing 100.

From a fashion shoot, one complete look  simply vanished in thin air.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

MatthewCromer

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:42:03 am »

What camera?

Did you have more than one card in the camera?

Does the camera have onboard image storage?

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:50:08 pm »

Some four years ago, when I bought my first X-Pro1, I had a similar issue.  I shot all day long and must have had over 500 images.  I imported all files into LR ( believe it was LR4 at the time), removed the card, slid it back into the camera body and formatted the SD.  And I was ready for my next shoot.

But when I began my initial scan of the images, a number of them didn't show.  They must not have been imported.  I went out to shoot again, this time only a few dozen.  Same thing happened, not all images were imported!

I wasn't overly pleased with the camera anyway and had planned to sell it, so I didn't really worry.  Never before or afterwards have I noticed such a loss of images during import.  The missing images were clearly shown in the LR import display (and were checked).  I made sure of that during my test.

Since then, I've again purchased another X-Pro1 (and have learned to like it) along with other X-System cameras.  I still use my Canons and my Panasonic GF1.  I haven't noticed such failures again and had forgotten about the matter until I read you mentioning it.

I don't know if the phenomenon could have been blamed on the camera, the SD card (which I doubt) or LR.  But such failures clearly show, you need to check all imports.  How to do this, I can't say.  Probably assuring that 265 images shown in the import dialog are actually imported.  But if only 260 are imported, do I have to repeat and hope LR recognized and doesn't import doubles?  I hope I never encounter that situation again.

My experience may not help you find a solution to your problem, but you are (or were) not alone in this matter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up