Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: profile for b/w help  (Read 10405 times)

Herbc

profile for b/w help
« on: July 13, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »

as I am not very good with computers, it was a real breakthrough when I was able to load Quadtone RIP for my black and white work.

I would like to have a profile for Hahnemuhle papers, but the Hahnemuhle site is not user friendly.
I need to be able to manage my QTR RIP with these papers, perhaps a few other.  Roy was so kind as to provide a really long list of Ilford papers for his QTR, dunno if he is still around or if Hahn.  themselves can provide such.

howardm

Re: profile for b/w help
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:43:57 am »

The chance that Hahn will provide QTR BW profiles is about zero.

I think your best bet would be to get or become friends w/ someone w/ a photospectrometer such as an i1Pro and make your own.

TylerB

• my photography
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:28:45 pm »

the usual approach without a specific paper "profile" (in QTR they are not icc profiles of the kind provided by paper makers or printer makers) is to select one that is provided for a paper with similar characteristics to the one your want to use, and make prints, try more than one and see what works best. If you do have access to someone familiar with linearizing QTR setups, and/or making grayscale profiles to use over them, you can nail it down better.
I'd also advise asking the same question here-

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/QuadtoneRIP/info

many more qtr users there

Herbc

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:36:13 pm »

Thanks, I will do that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up