Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Administrator  (Read 6984 times)

Andres Bonilla

Administrator
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:34:15 am »

Somehow I managed to disable my Task Manager in my computer, it says Administrator disabled. Problably when I reformatted something went weird. I am the administrator, how do I get my Task manager back? When I press Ctrl-alt-delete it is grey out.

Thanks for your help,

Andres

jani

• Øyet
Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 03:59:21 am »

This is not related to this site.

May I suggest that you use Google, another search engine, Microsoft's support pages or a Windows support forum to figure it out?
Jan

Andres Bonilla

Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:18:06 am »

Jani I am aware of Google and I have tried with no luck, I just read a post about conversational tacticts???? If that is more on topic to you than my query I respect that but now I am in a jam and I need more help than the usual try somewhere else.

Some one else with a quick reply that may help me? I was trying to see my cpu performance in Photoshop CS2. Hope that keeps it more on topic.

Thanks,

Andres

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 05:27:10 am »

Jani I am aware of Google and I have tried with no luck, I just read a post about conversational tacticts???? If that is more on topic to you than my query I respect that but now I am in a jam and I need more help than the usual try somewhere else.

Some one else with a quick reply that may help me? I was trying to see my cpu performance in Photoshop CS2. Hope that keeps it more on topic.

Thanks,
Andres
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think Jan pointed you in the right direction. Google did the trick. Links below should assist.

[a href=\"http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm]http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm[/url]
http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/How_do_you_fix_a_...ntally_disabled

macgyver

Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:16:08 pm »

For a fourm that just spent 2 pages talking about beer, I think that a valid question from a well established member can be catered to.  Have a little kindness here guys.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 12:31:46 pm by macgyver »

Andres Bonilla

Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 12:57:08 pm »

Thanks Mcgyver exactly my point, as it turns out of all the links the first one by Jules was the answer, I had to download a file and fix the register...and it problably took him less time providing the answer than maybe others objecting to my original post.

Thanks again,

Andres.

jani

• Øyet
Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:54:09 pm »

I'm a quick typer and a quick searcher, but I can tell you that the total time spent on both my posts here is less than it would take for me to search.

Instead, your laziness has cost others three times the time it would do to search yourself.

But that's enough, I'll go be grumpy somewhere else. (I haven't complained about the beer thread because I haven't seen it ...)
Jan

Andres Bonilla

Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:24:27 pm »

There is a fine line between being grumpy and being a mean spirited idiot  If you read my original post I had many links but they were not helping me. Next time I tried to post my enquiry in the beer, conversation or Itunes thread to keep it more on topic or to avoid being calle lazy.   Or I wait for the owner of the site to ask me to stop.

Thanks,

Andres

macgyver

Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 06:39:38 pm »

You know what makes those last two comments great?  The smilies.

Andres Bonilla

Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 06:59:42 pm »

macgyver you are right, the real smilie is the fact that my problem was solved thanks to forum member.

Pages: [1]   Go Up