Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 8.3 freeze after minimize on win 7 64 bit  (Read 2517 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
C1 8.3 freeze after minimize on win 7 64 bit
« on: July 08, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »

Since I upgraded to Capture one 8.3, everytime I minimize the screen from 100% to the task bar and then restore it, the C1 screen freezes.  Every time, are no exceptions.  I am running win7 64 bit, with all Win updates current.  Monitor is an NEC 30" running spectravision.  Full resolution on the screen. 

I have pulled down 8.3.1 or whatever the latest version is to see if there is a fix, however I am also going to download 8.2.2 again and drop back to it if there is no fix in 8.3.1. 

Has anyone else on windows noticed this issue?

On restore to 100%, the screen goes white, and freezes.  You have to restart C1 and pick the session.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: C1 8.3 freeze after minimize on win 7 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:59:41 am »

Has anyone else on windows noticed this issue?

Hi Paul,

Never experienced it, but it sounds like a graphics card driver issue. Have you tried updating the drivers, and switching display accelleration off in the C1 Preferences?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: C1 8.3 freeze after minimize on win 7 64 bit
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 07:37:45 am »

Hello Bart,

There are several other reports of this world wide.  I found several posts on Phase One's site and other forums.  I am running an older Gigabyte nvidia card, but the drivers are updated.  I turned off open CL, but it made no difference.  People are seeing it on win7 and win 8 both.  As soon as you minimize the program or pull up another program from the task bar C1 freezes. 

8.2.2 works fine so I have backed off to it for now. 

The color editor also seems to have some issues in 8.3x as I find it does not always show the correct color that is selected.  This also started with 8.3.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up