Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Featured book  (Read 920 times)

stamper

Featured book
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:05:35 am »

https://luminous-landscape.com/the-art-of-the-photograph-essential-habits-for-stronger-compositions-book-review/

From the main site. I decided to purchase this book because of the positive write up it received. I have read through it but I will be giving it another read and concentrate on the chapters that most appeal to me. A lavish and well printed book though somebody on Amazon complained about text errors. It achieves what it sets out to do, inform about photography. Not for absolute beginners or advanced photographers imo. In formative but I felt it tried to cover too much ground. Less subjects with a little more depth to the various subjects would have been an improvement. However I thought it was one of my best photographic purchases - I have dozens of books -and a worthwhile buy. :)

Isaac

Re: Featured book
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:32:12 pm »

I was able to borrow "The Art Of The Photograph" from a local library back in December.

I've mentioned other books instead because to me they seem to offer more. The photographs in  "The Art Of The Photograph" are not ordinary, but the text seemed slow and run-of-the-mill - ymmv.
Pages: [1]   Go Up