Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Polar Bears on the Edge" Book  (Read 15761 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
"Polar Bears on the Edge" Book
« on: July 03, 2015, 07:26:28 am »

I just read Michael's recommendation of this book and I endorse it wholeheartedly. My connection with this project is that I traveled with Morten in his capacity as lead guide on the Svalbard Workshop led by Charles Glatzer, Peter Cox and Daniel Bergman. Our ship was the MV Quest; in order to see polar bears we had to travel the furthest North this boat had ever reached - 82.31 degrees - because of the encroachment of the warming climate, which is destroying the natural habitat for these bears. As a supporter of Morten's project I received my copy of his book and started reading. It is truly a well-researched and well-balanced piece of work and the quality of the layout, photographs and printing is very good. For those interested, there is much to learn here, with loud and clear messages about the existential threat facing these beautiful animals.   
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

nutcracker

Re: "Polar Bears on the Edge" Book
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 03:01:23 pm »

Another endorsement from me of Michael's and Marc's recommendations.
Morten's book is well written, and while impassioned (as are his presentations on expeditions) it is factually rather than merely emotionally based.

Buy it, read it and persuade your friends to do likewise.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Re: "Polar Bears on the Edge" Book
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 07:58:56 pm »

Buy it just to contribute to the protection of Polar Bears - thats all the reason anyone should need.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up