Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DxO OpticsPro 10.4.2 released  (Read 35805 times)

Bart_van_der_Wolf

DxO OpticsPro 10.4.2 released
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:50:55 am »

Apparently DxO released their new DxO OpticsPro version, 10.4.2

It's supposed to support the Canon EOS 5DS/R , so we'll probably also soon have the DxOMark specifications for those camera sensors updated.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Re: DxO OpticsPro 10.4.2 released
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 04:02:48 pm »

Apparently DxO released their new DxO OpticsPro version, 10.4.2

It's supposed to support the Canon EOS 5DS/R , so we'll probably also soon have the DxOMark specifications for those camera sensors updated.

Cheers,
Bart

The other day DxO OpticsPro released version 10.5. Had a couple of issues with this update, but also found out via email support that profiles for the Sony A7RII is not availed yet. Now according to their Website it is not scheduled until November 15th. That is over three months after the release of the A7RII. That is sort of a bummer.

Stu

FabienP

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 05:19:49 pm »

November 15th pushes this release close to the hypothetical availability of version 11. New versions of DxO Optics Pro are always available some time before Christmas. So I would not be surprised if A7RII owners were forced to upgrade to version 11 to have their new camera supported! :o

Now if this could fund development of the software so that it would at last support ProPhotoRGB as an output colour space, I would not mind... :D

Cheers,

Fabien

marcmccalmont

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 06:35:53 am »

Now if this could fund development of the software so that it would at last support ProPhotoRGB as an output colour space, I would not mind... :D

Cheers,

Fabien

It will just select custom in the export to disk window (ICC Profile), if prophoto or any other ICC profile is in the ICC folder you can select it
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 07:07:44 am »

It will just select custom in the export to disk window (ICC Profile), if prophoto or any other ICC profile is in the ICC folder you can select it

Hi Marc,

That's not the problem. One can indeed select ProPhoto RGB as output profile, but the working space of the software is Adobe RGB. So converting output to a larger gamut colorspace is not going to gain gamut, it only introduces integer rounding / quantization losses.

Cheers,
Bart

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 05:58:32 am »

I don't think this is a funding problem. It seems like a deliberate decision from them.

Bart is right, there is no point in exporting in ProPhotoRGB from DxO.

There are currently at least two methods to overcome this issue if you continue editing in other software:

Method 1) Only for LR/ACR: Use DxO for optical corrections, export as linear DNG and continue your editing in LR/ACR. In my experience the optical corrections from DxO are superior to those from ACR/LR. Note: If there are clipped highlights in the raw file, then adjust White Balance in DxO.

Method 2) Reduce saturation (if required) to avoid clipping any channel, export 16 bit tiff, open in your preferred application and compensate saturation. This adjustment works in a quite linear way, so it is equivalent to gamut compression

marcmccalmont

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 12:04:17 am »

That's not the problem. One can indeed select ProPhoto RGB as output profile, but the working space of the software is Adobe RGB. So converting output to a larger gamut colorspace is not going to gain gamut, it only introduces integer rounding / quantization losses.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks, Good to know, I've been making this mistake for years then, what space does C1 and ACR use? I love the lens corrections in DxO
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 02:52:45 am »

Thanks, Good to know, I've been making this mistake for years then, what space does C1 and ACR use? I love the lens corrections in DxO

Hi Marc,

They use a large, sort of a large gamut or somewhat similar to ProPhoto RGB, workspace.

Cheers,
Bart

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 04:15:44 pm »

I noticed that DxO 10.5.1 now supports the Pentax 645Z with 5 top lenses.

Cheers,
Bernard

Brad P

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 01:37:14 am »

In addition to very good supported camera/lens corrections, I am observing that my DxO demo seems to have meaningfully superior noise reduction, micro contrast, and dehazing functions to LR/CR.   So much so, that in the very large printing I do,  I am seriously considering using that as my raw processor, then outputting DNS files to LR/Photoshop  and other programs for further refinement.   

I do wish it had better white balance and color correction capabilities, and in particular something like Passport Colorchecker corrections.  Those corrections can make a big, quick difference in accurate color representation under different lighting conditions. I haven't figured out a way to incorporate something like that yet with a DxO workflow.  That may be the Achilles' heel preventing me from using the program, and staying with LR/CR only. 

Anyone else finding these issues or any workaround?

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 04:25:07 am »

Hi,

You can use DXO to apply optical corrections and denoise only, then output DNG and continue in LR/ACR. You can then apply your preferred or own profile.

You can even process a raw image of the color checker in DXO and use the DXO outputed DNG to create your profile.

sjprg

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »

10.5.1 is now available.
Paul

adias

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 06:02:28 pm »

10.5.1 is now available.

Just received an email offer at 50% off...

sjprg

Re: DxO OpticsPro 10.5.2 released
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »

DxO OpticsPro 10.5.2 released
Paul

sjprg

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 06:32:05 pm »

released. Supports Canon 5DS R.
Paul

ajm057

• My Photo Repository on Flickr
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 05:58:48 am »

DXO Labs are now up to release 10.5.3 (Elite (build 166)-- New features in DxO OpticsPro v10.5.3
• 3 new cameras supported: Sony A7SII, Olympus OM-D E M10 II and Samsung NX500
• Minor bug fixes.

I've used Optics Pro as my go to RAW converter for years across all my cameras and I have to say that version 10 Elite feel like a huge step up. I'm only just beginning to understand its full capabilities.

I have tried and tried with Lightroom to get the same results I can get from Optics Pro and simply keep falling short.  I've come to trust OpticsPro's lens correction and colour rendering and the DXO Labs team seem to be quiet good a keeping up with new camera and lens releases -- I recently bought the Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 and was able to download the lense profile within days of my first use.  What I like overall is the ability to batch process whole shots at a time to generate good quality TIFs with all the same basic corrections - I am wedded to HDR and this first step has helped shorten my subsequent process. I then review the processed image to select the very few I want to work on as single shots and go back into the Optics pro to perform much more detailed adjustments prior to transferring the resultant images into photoshop.  I just seem to find using Optics Pro far more precise and easier to use than lightroom.

The other raw conversion engine I continue to toy with is Capture One --- maybe I'm just hankering after one of their camera's -- but I seem to get on well with this tool as well.
Phase One's Capture One has come on leaps recently - with the release of version 9 - New engine, masks from Color Editor selections, updated Curve tool with layers support, new Keywords and a dozen of other interesting improvements - together with its local adjustment layer is a huge step forward. 
AJM
Pages: [1]   Go Up