Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry but my head is mince right now Leica S or Hasselblad H5D 50c  (Read 21547 times)

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
Re: Sorry but my head is mince right now Leica S or Hasselblad H5D 50c
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2015, 05:46:31 pm »

Will a 128GB card work?
Google came up with this
The image data from the S2 can be saved on CF cards (Compact Flash) and/or SD cards (Secure Digital Memory Card). You can use cards of both types with up to 64GB memory capacity.

JV

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 07:42:49 pm »

You should be able to use 128GB cards.  The 128GB cards are listed on B&H as recommended accessories for the Leica S.

Also, with regards to the S, there is an interesting promotional bundle right now:
http://www.reddotforum.com/content/2015/07/new-leica-s-typ-006-s-e-typ-006-and-70mm-cs-lens-promotional-bundle-announced/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:23:15 pm by JV »

voidshatter

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

CCD VERSES COMOS Sensor
Please can someone help me understand the Pro's and cons of these 2 sensors
Example for landscape and studio work what would be the most desired?

If you are bored you could go through this thread at getdpi - fun to read  ;D

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2015, 08:56:24 am »

Enjoying my new toy..............picture of my old lady getting ready for Scotland

Joe Towner

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2015, 03:05:58 pm »

Nice, you should really start to notice the details in makeup, and what works or doesn't work.  There is a downside to more detail.
t: @PNWMF

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2015, 04:54:33 pm »

Nice image. BTW what is going on on the forehead at the edge of the hood?  Did you try and lift the exposure in post?

Edmund
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:46:50 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2015, 05:59:42 pm »

Nice image. BTW what is going on on the forehead at the edge of the hood?  Did you try and lift the exposure in post?

Edmund
Edmond I used a gradient filter to add the white smoke/blur kind in vignetting ..............and hummed and had as to whether I should add it......but yet it was gone in PP.

alexluuphoto

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2015, 07:10:03 pm »

I took a picture almost identical to that picture you took with a iPhone 6 plus, is it safe to say that iPhone 6 plus over digital medium format, 35mm, mirroless and micro 4/3?!?

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2015, 08:55:34 pm »

I took a picture almost identical to that picture you took with a iPhone 6 plus, is it safe to say that iPhone 6 plus over digital medium format, 35mm, mirroless and micro 4/3?!?

I'm sorry, but from what you said, I can't figure out what you mean.

Jim

BobDavid

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2015, 12:38:39 am »

I think the Leica will suit your needs. Ergonomically, the Leica is a joy to use. I like the Hassey H system for studio work, but not for field work.

Chris Livsey

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2015, 03:45:47 am »

I'm sorry, but from what you said, I can't figure out what you mean.

Jim

I infer that he is saying that his iphone 6 plus (which I don't believe actually exists, but may be a pun on Phase One nomenclature?) captured an almost identical ( whether in subject matter or technically is not made clear) image and therefore is the equal or indeed may be superior as an optical image capturing electronic device than all other sub classes of digital cameras. The evidence for this is apparently completely anecdotal as no image is attached or linked to to support the statement.
I believe this may be a post from a deliberately provocative message board user which does not warrant further comment.  
I would hesitate to apply the description troll as that is a subjective judgement and others may regard this post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial.
Does that help?

(Yep, a quiet Sunday morning here and I missed the early nice light, still, looking forward to my previously cherished P45+ arriving if only to prove how dreadful it is as an image capturing device)

BTW Check the weather it was 30C in parts of Scotland last week  ;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:53:32 am by Chris Livsey »

eronald

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2015, 05:41:19 am »

I infer that he is saying that his iphone 6 plus (which I don't believe actually exists, but may be a pun on Phase One nomenclature?) captured an almost identical ( whether in subject matter or technically is not made clear) image and therefore is the equal or indeed may be superior as an optical image capturing electronic device than all other sub classes of digital cameras. The evidence for this is apparently completely anecdotal as no image is attached or linked to to support the statement.
I believe this may be a post from a deliberately provocative message board user which does not warrant further comment.  
I would hesitate to apply the description troll as that is a subjective judgement and others may regard this post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial.
Does that help?

(Yep, a quiet Sunday morning here and I missed the early nice light, still, looking forward to my previously cherished P45+ arriving if only to prove how dreadful it is as an image capturing device)

I always wondered what people learned in "explanatory" lit classes - now I know.
Was once in northern Norway in the summer, and it got ... hot.  The heat drove the mosquitoes into a blood frenzy. 

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2015, 05:41:30 am »

Hi,

I don't know what the poster meant. On the other hand I would suggest newer iPhones are good enough for web size images, like the ones posted here. So I find 800x600 size images, or so, pretty uninformative regarding the capabilities of a recording system.

Best regards
Erik

Does that help?

Erik Kaffehr

eronald

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2015, 05:47:07 am »

Hi,

I don't know what the poster meant. On the other hand I would suggest newer iPhones are good enough for web size images, like the ones posted here. So I find 800x600 size images, or so, pretty uninformative regarding the capabilities of a recording system.

Best regards
Erik

Actually, it's a nice image, and you need to remember the WAF or SAF. (spouse acceptance factor) which at Leica prices  means that if a man wishes to keep his head on his shoulders the first image taken with the camera must be a universally applauded image of the beauteous expense auditor, angelic offspring or loving pet . So let me step up and do my duty as a forum member and declare "IMHO, this is a nice image, worthy of the beauty of its subject" :)

Edmund
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:15:20 am by eronald »

Chris Livsey

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2015, 05:59:49 am »

I always wondered what people learned in "explanatory" lit classes - now I know.
Edmund

We call it waffle  ;D

eronald

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2015, 06:16:34 am »

We call it waffle  ;D

As the actress said to the bishop, you're quite the iron, man!  :P

Edmund
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:18:35 am by eronald »

Neil Williams

• Neil's Photography
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2018, 04:01:25 am »

I just came across this thread.........I still have the S007 and also a H6D100c. The S007 has found a permanent place in the dry box.......its like comparing apples and bananas :) :)

Neil
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up