Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving LR CC Catalogue  (Read 2634 times)

Alistair

Moving LR CC Catalogue
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:03:28 pm »

I am trying to move my LR CC catalogue to a new disk. I am moving the Lightroom Catalog file and the Lightroom Catalog Previews.IRdata folder and then right click on the Lightroom Catalog file and try to open in LR. However I get an error and it does not open. I have done this with previous versions of LR in the past and my recollection is that this method works. However it does not work this time. Am I doing this correctly or are things different in LR CC? I am running Win 8.1 and am moving the catalogue from a (full) 256GB OC SSD to a 600Gb Intel SSD. Any thoughts appreciated.
Alistair

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Moving LR CC Catalogue
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 05:38:08 pm »

It would help if you said what the error message is. But in general, CC isn't any different.

Alistair

Re: Moving LR CC Catalogue
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 05:42:51 pm »

It would help if you said what the error message is. But in general, CC isn't any different.

Hi John,

"Unexpected Error opening catalog : the catalog could not be  opened due to unexpected error"

Not very helpful message.

But what I am doing should work equally well in CC?

Thanks
Alistair

Alistair

Alistair

Panic Over - Got it.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:46:19 pm »

I tried a different folder on the new disk and it works now. I was trying to put it in the Adobe Program folder and it did not like it. I have moved it now to a data folder and all is well.

Regards
Alistair
Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up