Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New LR CC/6 videos  (Read 50454 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
New LR CC/6 videos
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:23:31 pm »

I have just published a new set of tutorial videos on LightroomCC/6 2015 recorded by Kevin Raber & Jeff Schewe a few weeks ago at Jeff's studio in Chicago

brianrybolt

Re: New LR CC/6 videos
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:48:54 am »

Hello Chris,

I am having troubles with the new set of videos on LR CC.  They are not streaming very well at all.  I have high speed (fibre optic) broadband and very often I am getting picture and no audio and visa versa at times.  Other times is just stops with long gaps before it starts up again.  I tried downloading the video like I used to do and now I get these low resolution files which are useless for viewing on my 27 inch monitor and even on my iPad they are breaking up.

I checked a couple of the old videos and although I did not go through them at full length, the time I viewed them there were not problems as I mentioned above.

I hope good solutions to these problems are at hand.

Best,
Brian

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:47:40 am »

Morning Chris,

I am sort of having some of the same issues. The audio works and the video just stops on some of them. With the LightroomCC/6-04 Hidden Gems about a couple minutes in there was no audio for a bit then it starts again. I had thought it was on my end with these issues until I read Brian's post. But overall from what I have viewed I enjoyed the videos. Of course Jeff was wearing one of his trademark shirts. -:)

Best,

Stu
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:04:48 am by StuartOnline »

brianrybolt

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:54:50 am »

+1 concerning Hidden Gems

Brian

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 09:45:29 am »

Strange. I have a slow ISP and have no problem at 1440 x 900.

Try reducing the size of the window you are viewing in and see if that helps. A large display or Retina system will call for the highest resolution download which the network may be unable to support.

With this progressive download system, it is quite easy to see if the download speed can keep up with the stream of video playback by watching the pale coloured bar advance ahead of the white play head in the timeline (the cursor needs to be over the video area). If the network fails to provide the necessary download, the playback continues without video and then gets a bit messed up as it tries to resynchronize.

When viewing on a large or high resolution display, let the download bar get well ahead of the play head by pausing playback.

Let me know if you still have problems.

mburke

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 10:36:30 am »

I just purchased the LRCC video. Only some of the files work. The free ones do not work. I get a screen with a still pic and click on the play button and a downloading icon appears in the upper right corner. I can wait up to 15 minutes and nothing happens. When I select some other files they work fine. Only about 1/3 of them work. The others just say loading with a still picture on the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Most of the files that are interviews seem to work fine. The ones that are tutorials (dehaze, mobile, etc.) don't work. The HDR and Pano ones do work.

I tried double clicking (right click) and chose to play in flash and they now seem to work. Hope this helps someone else.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:18:11 am by mburke »

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 12:39:59 pm »

Hello,

when you right-click into the vide area during watching a video that is not playing well, you can change the resolution of the video to see if it is due to missing bandwith. Additionally, you can switch the player from flash ( default ) to HTML5 which in my case runs much fluider than the flash one.

Best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 01:31:59 pm »

...when you right-click into the video area during a video that is not playing well, you can change the resolution of the video to see if it is due to missing bandwith. Additionally, you can switch the player from flash ( default ) to HTML5 which in my case runs much fluider than the flash one...
Thank-you Robert! That is most helpful.
BTW Yes, the audio is Mono by default.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 02:01:36 pm »

I have done a little digging and have found that there could be a small problem with the encoding of the original files.

While most people seem to be able to get them to work, this is the first time that we have had several complaints about playback.

So, I am going to switch out the files for new ones as they are re-encoded. This will take a day or two. I will re-post here when the replacement is complete.

My apologies to those who continue to have problems.

Chris

StuartOnline

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 02:29:33 pm »

Chris

Last night I watched videos 1-9 and that is when I had a number of issues mentioned in an earlier post. Today I finished the rest and had no issues. Go figure. Maybe I hit at a bad time last night.  By the way I was using the iPad Air 2 for viewing today.

Best,

Stu

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 04:17:40 pm »

I have switched out the first video - the Introduction - could any of you who have experienced problems try it and let me know if it is better, worse or the same?

Chris

StuartOnline

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 04:48:23 pm »

I have switched out the first video - the Introduction - could any of you who have experienced problems try it and let me know if it is better, worse or the same?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Just ran this updated version (first video) via iPad Air 2 with no issues this time.

Stu

mburke

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:15 pm »

I just tried the first video on HTML and it just locked. When I changed to flash it worked fine.

I use Win 7, I7, 8g ram. Fast internet. I am ok with flash.

Mike

brianrybolt

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 10:58:19 am »

Hello Chris,

I am having troubles with the new set of videos on LR CC.  They are not streaming very well at all.  I have high speed (fibre optic) broadband and very often I am getting picture and no audio and visa versa at times.  Other times is just stops with long gaps before it starts up again.  I tried downloading the video like I used to do and now I get these low resolution files which are useless for viewing on my 27 inch monitor and even on my iPad they are breaking up.

I checked a couple of the old videos and although I did not go through them at full length, the time I viewed them there were not problems as I mentioned above.

I hope good solutions to these problems are at hand.

Best,

Brian

Chris,  You must have your MoJo working or and/or you put a spell on on the new video presentation team. The new vids on LR CC/6 and playing perfectly.  One thing I wish was still available and that is to be able to download a HD copy of the vids as before.  I would like to watch some of these and others offline.  Any chance of this in the future?
Cheers,
Brian

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 11:13:19 am »

There is a 'chance' Brian but not a very big one ))

The Download option is designed for those who cannot even sustain a lo-res streaming download. So far, there is only the option to select one type of Download file in the admin UI. Yes, I can do it but I need to keep the small file for those who have slow or intermittent connections.

Not that it is something we are contemplating at present, but IF there was that option, would you (& others?) pay extra for it?

Chris

brianrybolt

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 11:20:41 am »

Hi,

No, I would not pay for it because I feel it should be included in the subscription price as it was previously.  If I or anyone else lets their subscription lapse, then the video(s) would not play.

Best,
Brian

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 12:12:44 pm »

No, I would not pay for it because I feel it should be included in the subscription price as it was previously.  If I or anyone else lets their subscription lapse, then the video(s) would not play.

I agree & understand completely. Perhaps selection of different downloads is a feature which Wistia will eventually add. I requested it some time ago...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 11:11:24 am »

For those who had problems or perhaps for anyone who now has difficulty with our video playback, please read the following response from one of the tech people at Wistia (who host our videos)

If you would troubleshoot and send me your findings by PM or email, it would be very much appreciated.

I would want to know which type of browser a customer may be watching the video - some older browsers don't support the HTML5 player. Though, we should detect that and serve them the Flash player.

Would you be able to get the url that www.whatsmybrowser.org generates for a user? It will help me test this in the same environment that they're trying to watch in.

Could you have them describe what they mean when they say the video is unwatchable? Does it not load or is the player just a black screen?

Playback issues are tricky to diagnose so we have to check multiple potential root causes.

Please let me know what you can share!

Anthony.Ralph

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 11:24:57 am »

+1 for an HD version to download please. Looking back at the downloaded videos on LR4 and again on LR5, they show up well on my Spectraview 2690, the LR6 videos not such much.  This is important when looking at buttons, tick boxes etc as Jeff is demonstrating some activity, however to see the video window large enough to see what is being demonstrated, means an unacceptably blurry quality.

I appreciate that the streaming version is much better quality, but I still like having the videos on the hard drive and to hand - you can call me old fashioned if you wish...  :-)

Thanks for listening: Anthony

greyscale

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 12:00:36 pm »

+! I'm not a subscriber, I would pay for a Hi Res Download. I used the discount key for this (LR6 series), perhaps Hi res with no discount???

greyscale
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up