Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera L Brackets  (Read 16609 times)

Rob C

Re: Camera L Brackets
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 12:29:51 pm »

I used my Arca swiss L-bracket on the Nikon D200 and I'm using it on the D800E. It works very well, much better than the Arca Swiss Monoball P0.There are no vibrations at all, although I keep it not adherent to the camera in order to open the battery door.

Delighted to see somebody else also still enjoys the D200! I am using mine more than my D700. Can't really account for it, beyond that my lenses seem to fit the smaller format better. Strange, but then, that's photography: you can't really approach it with logic; emotion works better, anyway. Ask any woman you love. Better yet, ask one who loves you!

Rob
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 02:22:16 pm by Rob C »

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 01:14:37 pm »

I have a small fortune invested in RRS plates going back many years. Each time I get a new camera I wince and cough it up. I just got their new plate for the Fuji X T-2. It has the clever design of having an allen wrench attached magnetically in the plate (I lose allen wrenches almost as often as lens caps). In my opinion, their plates are well made and function as expected. They do seem pretty expensive for a piece of machined aluminum though. There has been varied controversy over time relating to Chinese knockoffs of US engineered products, especially the Arca Cube. I am fortunate in that I can indulge myself by buying local, I have a great camera store here in town, and US made, even when local and US made things are a bit more expensive. I can clearly see some folks' point in buying the less expensive overseas products though.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:35:03 pm by Eric Brody »

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 02:23:39 pm »

Always have a dedicated RRS L bracket on my cameras even when hand holding.

In the search for lightness of being... ?

;-)

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 03:55:54 pm »

Helps to keep my feet on the ground.

:-)

That's something I grew to dread: there were always people ready and willing enough to drag me back down despìte my wishes to soar with those elusive eagles. Ah, blessed cursed retirement!

;-)

Rob

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 02:12:30 am »

I have a small fortune invested in RRS plates going back many years. Each time I get a new camera I wince and cough it up. I just got their new plate for the Fuji X T-2. It has the clever design of having an allen wrench attached magnetically in the plate (I lose allen wrenches almost as often as lens caps). In my opinion, their plates are well made and function as expected. They do seem pretty expensive for a piece of machined aluminum though. There has been varied controversy over time relating to Chinese knockoffs of US engineered products, especially the Arca Cube. I am fortunate in that I can indulge myself by buying local, I have a great camera store here in town, and US made, even when local and US made things are a bit more expensive. I can clearly see some folks' point in buying the less expensive overseas products though.

I also have a small fortune in RRS clamps... But just as a clarification... The Arca Cube is from Arca Swiss, a Switzerland company... No US based...

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 05:28:52 am »

hi guys, i need an l plate for canon 5div with and without batterygrip. also want no problems when i'm changing the orientation of the cam with the usb cables when i'm tethered shooting.

arca swiss l bracket okay ?

best michael

There's enough adjustment potential to manage this, and there shouldn't be any problems with the usb cables. If you give me the actual dimensions of your camera & grip, plus the height of the usb ports, I could check that it would fit.

Torbjörn Tapani

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 06:38:43 am »

I also have a small fortune in RRS clamps... But just as a clarification... The Arca Cube is from Arca Swiss, a Switzerland company... No US based...

Funny that. US knockoffs of european engineered products? :) But is it Swiss or French? Anyway I like the new hybrid p0 monoball with (limited) geared movements. Nice innovation.

muntanela

• BRATA
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 08:30:06 am »

Arca Swiss is a french company.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 10:29:48 am »

Anyway I like the new hybrid p0 monoball with (limited) geared movements. Nice innovation.

It's what I use twixt my Arca Swiss L bracket & tripod. A brilliant bit of kit.

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 02:23:52 am »

Arca Swiss is a french company.

My bad... Always thought it was from Switzerland...

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 06:15:16 am »

I used it on my d800 and it worked like s charm. Before that i used RRS and Kirk but for further DSLRs I would use my Arca again. Just much more flexible in usage.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

-chrille-

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 09:16:30 am »

In my opinion, yes!  i have had custom L-Plates on my cameras since 2005.  I usually leave them on even when hand holding the camera and the tripod remains in the car or at home.

A potential lower priced option might be Sunwayfoto or even Newer.  The Sunwayfoto stuff I have is about 85% the quality of all the RRS stuff I own, but at about 50% the price.  Newer stuff is even cheaper and has maybe another 5-10% drop in quality/functionality.

I got the Neewer F6 DL bracket for my Canon 6D. I can not recommend it for more serious work where proper alignment is necessary. That is because the bottom plate of camera does not mount flat to the bracket. The camera is slightly tilted forward. I can notice this when I need to correct converging vertical lines in architecture where I set up my tripod and align with bubble spirit lever. Mounting the camera without the bracket the lines are just fine.

AFairley

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2016, 12:10:25 pm »

I got the Neewer F6 DL bracket for my Canon 6D. I can not recommend it for more serious work where proper alignment is necessary. That is because the bottom plate of camera does not mount flat to the bracket. The camera is slightly tilted forward. I can notice this when I need to correct converging vertical lines in architecture where I set up my tripod and align with bubble spirit lever. Mounting the camera without the bracket the lines are just fine.

I tried an eBay Chinese knockoff for vertical mounting on a pano head, but the two surfaces of the brackef were not at right angles to each other.

SrMi

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2016, 10:14:33 pm »

I've just discovered that newer RRS plates have a QD socket as well, which makes attaching and removing a strap very quick.  For me this is a big advantage.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up