Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing using ColorSync  (Read 4064 times)

Kevin Cheesman

Printing using ColorSync
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:01:58 am »

ColorSync is supposed to manage profiles, so is it better to use or bypass this facility when using custom-made profiles printing to an Eposn printer?

I use an Epson 4000 and select my custom-made profile in Photoshop. I set the printer to No Colour Adjustment. However, a friends says that if the correct profile is attached in ColorSync, you can select ColorSync in the Epson driver.

Comments?

p.tinson

Printing using ColorSync
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 05:42:37 pm »

Kevin
        If you are using the colour management in Photoshop then you need to turn off the colour management in the driver otherwise you will be double profiling and will get a magenta cast over the print. You should also use the same settings in the driver that you used when creating your custom profiles.
If using colorsync in the driver you will be using the drivers colour management which isnt as comprehensive as Adobe Color Engine.
Peter Tinson

Kevin Cheesman

Printing using ColorSync
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 02:36:53 am »

Kevin
        If you are using the colour management in Photoshop then you need to turn off the colour management in the driver otherwise you will be double profiling and will get a magenta cast over the print. You should also use the same settings in the driver that you used when creating your custom profiles.
If using colorsync in the driver you will be using the drivers colour management which isnt as comprehensive as Adobe Color Engine.
Peter Tinson
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=58428\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Peter,

I make my own profiles, choose the profile in Photoshop and print using No Colour Adjustment; I've always done it that way.

It's actually a family friend who thinks that if a custom profile is referenced in the ColorSync utility it should work. However, him saying that he sees a difference between the image set to NCA and the image when set to Colorync is enough for me to believe this s not correct.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up