Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning my R1800 back on.....  (Read 3329 times)

msbc

Turning my R1800 back on.....
« on: February 13, 2006, 07:59:32 pm »

I havn't used my R1800 for about six months and am a little hesitant about turning it back on! When I purchased it I recall having to shake the ink tanks before installing them - so I'm guessing the ink 'settles' over time and can block the nozzles? Should I remove the carts and shake them before starting my R1800 up?

Opinions and advice welcomed.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Connell
Melbourne, Australia

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 10:58:04 am »

It certainly can't hurt to shake the cartridges.
Although, I would wrap each one in a couple of layers of paper towel,
to prevent the chance of polka dots on everything.  

Rich

efillink

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:35:35 am »

I havn't used my R1800 for about six months and am a little hesitant about turning it back on! When I purchased it I recall having to shake the ink tanks before installing them - so I'm guessing the ink 'settles' over time and can block the nozzles? Should I remove the carts and shake them before starting my R1800 up?

Opinions and advice welcomed.

Thanks,
Mark
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=58087\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Shaking the cartridge can also create bubbles.  Let the cartridge sit for a day before installing it.  This will allow the bubbles to rise to the top.

If your printer has been sitting without a cartridge, ink will dry inside the print nozzle.  Do not store the printer without a cartridge.  If possible use a cleaning cartridge to flush the print nozzle before storage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up