Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early Morning Bobcat  (Read 28974 times)

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 10:14:45 pm »

I just sat, transfixed.  He walked slowly across the road, paused once, gave me a long look and disappeared into the forest.  Magic!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67713\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Didn't you attempt to stroke and tickle him? Cats are such affectionate creatures   .

[attachment=671:attachment]

Peter McLennan

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 10:55:58 pm »

Didn't you attempt to stroke and tickle him? Cats are such affectionate creatures   .

[attachment=671:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67746\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Darn!     I wish thumbnailed images loaded properly.  That looks like a goodie.

I did once get to scratch a tiger behind the ears.  Delicious!  For me and the tiger.

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 01:09:57 am »

What's different about my system, I wonder. I've never experienced any trouble enlarging thumbnails on this site.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 09:47:20 am »

What's different about my system, I wonder. I've never experienced any trouble enlarging thumbnails on this site.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67751\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ray,

Are you by any chance using Micro$oft's Internet Explorer? That seems to interpret the thumbnails correctly, but many of us won't use it for security reasons.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 10:48:38 am »

Eric,
That must be the reason. I'm using Internet Explorer ....Oops! Now I've just exposed myself to a security attack   .

John Sheehy

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »

Eric,
That must be the reason. I'm using Internet Explorer ....Oops! Now I've just exposed myself to a security attack   .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67777\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From what I understand, IE displays the images correctly in error.  The images are mis-identified on the server as html, so Firefox and others display them as html, so their text charachters show instead of the image.  IE looks inside the files, and discovers they are JPEGs and displays them as such.  Of course, that's the kind of things that cause security leaks.  Imagine if it was an EXE, and IE executed it!

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 06:58:56 pm »

IE looks inside the files, and discovers they are JPEGs and displays them as such. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67801\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That seems a very sensible thing to do. Are you implying that viruses and trojan horses can be disguised as jpegs?

Eric Myrvaagnes

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 09:26:07 pm »

That seems a very sensible thing to do. Are you implying that viruses and trojan horses can be disguised as jpegs?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67809\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, they can, and sometimes are. But almost all known viruses and trojan horses are aimed at the PC world, so they won't run on Macs.

Yes, I admit I'm using a PC, so, as you said,  "Oops! Now I've just exposed myself to a security attack    .

Eric

esantos

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 05:26:28 pm »

You've captured the twinkle in the eye, but I can't say I feel anything particularly menacing about this cat, as someone suggested, but 'pleasantly menacing' (?).... that's definitely an oxymoron.  
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59343\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They are not exceptionally large cats but oh they are quite menacing if they get cornered and feel threatened. I would not want one to get a hold of me.

Rokcet Scientist

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 09:29:45 am »

While recovering from knee surgery Jan. 4, 2006, I was taking a little hike around the "Migrants Mile" nature trail at Quivira NWR and came upon what first appeared to be a squirrel nest of leaves in a tree.  Upon closer inspection with my 100-400 IS lens, I found this:

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57678\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looks like he also thought there was a squirrel nest there!
He needs your 100-400 IS lens too . . .

Rokcet Scientist

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 11:55:36 am »

I get the ascii garbiling too... I'm using the latest version of FireFox (1.5.0.4)

IE works fine.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=67274\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
So it looks like Jerry is another of Bill's lock-in victims!

Rokcet Scientist

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 12:13:02 pm »

Nice shot,,Did you kill him?

BlasR
Why would you want to kill it? Are they a problem in your location?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=59338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Stupid assholes are everywhere, jule!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 12:14:14 pm by Rokcet Scientist »

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 01:21:53 am »

They are not exceptionally large cats but oh they are quite menacing if they get cornered and feel threatened. I would not want one to get a hold of me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They just look like little baby tigers to me! You mean, you wouldn't like to get hold of one, like this?  

[attachment=890:attachment]

Rokcet Scientist

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 10:38:23 am »

They just look like little baby tigers to me! You mean, you wouldn't like to get hold of one, like this?   

[attachment=890:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73289\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ray,
1) that thumbnail only works in InternetExplorer. Not in Safari, FireFox, Deerpark, or Flock. I'm not even gonna bother testing it in other browsers. So you're locked in (-to IE/Windows). And consequently you lock out all non-IE-users.
2) the guy in that photo demonstrates the stupidest way possible to grip an upset cat. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still recovering from what happened immediately after that pic was taken . . .

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:07:52 am by Rokcet Scientist »

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 11:23:08 am »

1) that thumbnail only works in InternetExplorer. Not in Safari, FireFox, Deerpark, or Flock. I'm not even gonna bother testing it in other browsers. So you're locked in (-to IE/Windows). And consequently you lock out all non-IE-users.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73318\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hasn't that situation been fixed yet? I don't have any problem with Internet Explorer, security or otherwise, but I'd be interested in posting full size images directly as you've done with the pussy cat's face, just so people can appreciate my fine photos, you understand. Don't want to lock anyone out   .

Rokcet Scientist

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 11:32:55 am »

Hasn't that situation been fixed yet? I don't have any problem with Internet Explorer, security or otherwise,
Others do have a problem with you using IE though, Ray. As demonstrated.
but I'd be interested in posting full size images directly as you've done with the pussy cat's face, just so people can appreciate my fine photos, you understand.
That's simple: upload your picture (max. 700 pixels wide) to Photobucket.com, FlickR.com, or another such service, copy the 'img' tag, and paste it in your reply on the board. And, Hey! Presto! you got a big pic in your reply!
Don't want to lock anyone out   .
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=73324\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You will as long as you keep using IE and Windows!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:31:57 pm by Rokcet Scientist »

Eric Myrvaagnes

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 12:56:05 pm »

One can use Windows, as long as your browser is either Opera, Firefox, or Netscape 8. All of those display embedded images just fine. I generally glance at the thumbnails that IE users still insert, and only if the thumbnail looks absolutely entrancing will I employ one of the laborious work-arounds (discussed in other threads here) to see the enlarged image.

I do wish the thumbnail feature would be fixed, but it's now almost half a year since it first happened, and no fix has been announced. Until it is fixed (if ever), it is indeed a kindness to the rest of us to use embedded images rather than thumbnails.

Eric

Ray

Early Morning Bobcat
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 06:04:03 am »

Hmm! I'm having a bit of trouble posting this full size image. Let's have another go.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up