Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR6 initial impressions  (Read 728 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
LR6 initial impressions
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:11:28 pm »

Hi All

I bit the bullet and bought my upgrade from LR5.

Installed fine and tested it in default i.e. with GPU enabled.  Very sluggish and "not responding" reports, ran the update to 6.0.1 and disabled GPU and fine again!  So re-enabled the GPU and tried some 1:1 in develop ~ now it gets interesting, the zooming was smooth and the refresh to sharp quite rapid IMO feeling faster than LR5 by about half the time for the render.  So then tried an HDR using a triplet though I gather LR says to use 2 images 4 stops apart but heh I have been taking triplets for other HDR software so used those anyway, the calculations and merging etc took approx. 30 seconds this being on PC running Win7 64bit Pro with an i5 quad core and 8GB of RAM  (NB the GPU card has 1GB of RAM).  On the whole I thought that was quite reasonable timings.

Therefore so far so good.  I will just have to continue to use and see how it continues to behave :)

Oh, cannot recall if I had renamed the LR5 catalogue to have 5 in its name or it was done by the software but LR6 does not do it and nor did the install offer to make me a desktop shortcut..............so did it manually ;)
A collection of mine here http://500px.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up