Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B&W profiles for Capture One  (Read 4898 times)

juleopm

B&W profiles for Capture One
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:04:03 am »

On 1-31 Michael wrote: If you use Phase One's Capture One raw processing software you know that one of its lacking features is a convenient way to convert output files to grayscale. JFI Color Labs has introduced a set of moderately priced monochrome profiles for Capture One that do an excellent job. Other than the fact that their web site needs to go back to Marketing 101, and, that even the briefest of instructions on how to load and use the profiles would be appreciated – I found these profiles to be worth their modest price.

Well, I just bought these profiles. Not only I failed to install them, I also can not find any contact e-mails or website to get any information. Can anybody help?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 10:05:15 am by juleopm »

francois

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:18:02 am »

I've not purchased the BW profiles but I use ETC color profiles and they should be placed here:

Mac
/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

Windows
c:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color

I use a Mac so the info about Windows may not be 100% accurate! On the Mac you can also use different locations such as /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/
Francois

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 04:18:26 pm »

For windows right click the profiles and select install.

In Capture One select them in the processing parameters.

I just use the freebie B+W profile that the boys over at Outback photo  made a while back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up