Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Argentina  (Read 3368 times)

Graham Welland

Argentina
« on: February 03, 2006, 06:59:16 pm »

I'm going to be visiting Buenos Aires for a week in March and I'm wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations on 'photogenic' places to visit for a short trip?

I've got a mandatory trip to Iquazo Falls already arranged although I suspect that it'll be like most tourist locations ... However, can anyone recommend any interesting and safe areas to visit in and around Buenos Aires itself?  

Thanks in advance.
Graham

abaazov

• http://
Argentina
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:09:42 am »

go for a walk in the La Boca district, quite interesting.

amnon

camilla

Argentina
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:14:22 am »

La Boca is very colorful and interesting. See Michael's photos this past December. Look for Tango dancers in the street as well. I would not recommend venturing too far from the main streets though. Especially with expensive photographic equipment... Things are better in B.A. but not terribly safe as far as petty theft is concerned.

San Telmo is a great area to visit, see tango and photograph. There is great food and a lot of dancing in pubs and restaurants in the area.
Also, on Sundays there is a great outdoor flea market there which is absolutely fabulous.

If you need a very reasonable good (old) hotel very well located let me know and I'll send you all the info.

Definitely visit Puerto Madero which is a new area in town, alongside the river, with restaurants etc.

Visit the Recoleta for wonderful cafes and nightlife. The whole area around the Alvear has wonderful old doors and reminds me a lot of Paris. The city is fabulous and you will most definitely enjoy all its treasures. The Tigre area is also very interesting if you want to go towards the outskirts.

If you get a chance don't miss, for any reason, a soccer game in the Boca! Unforgettable chaos (of the good kind).
Ciao
Camilla
Pages: [1]   Go Up