Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: DCamProf - a new camera profiling tool  (Read 767360 times)

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
Re: DCamProf - a new camera profiling tool
« Reply #1420 on: January 26, 2017, 02:57:26 pm »

Thank you!

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1421 on: January 29, 2017, 12:52:27 pm »

Now I thought I had digested it all, and composed this command, but I keep getting the manpage (no hints at the top of the Terminal output):
./dcamprof_v104 make-profile -n Sony ILCE-7RM2  y YYZ -5 -i D55 -I D50 -B -S -t linear combo.ti3 -r dump1 HB_a7r2_combo.json
Please help...

scyth

« Reply #1422 on: January 29, 2017, 04:45:22 pm »

Now I thought I had digested it all, and composed this command, but I keep getting the manpage (no hints at the top of the Terminal output):
./dcamprof_v104 make-profile -n Sony ILCE-7RM2  y YYZ -5 -i D55 -I D50 -B -S -t linear combo.ti3 -r dump1 HB_a7r2_combo.json
Please help...

A quick and dirty question = why "y" and not "-y" ? and where are the numbers for X, Y, Z ?

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1423 on: January 29, 2017, 05:32:33 pm »

Ooops! That should have been -y of course. And the numbers - uuh, I thought the -5 would apply to all - X, Y and Z (XYZ, not YYZ, of course). Now I tried with -y -5, which is an exact quote from the documentation, but that results in the manpage, too. The complete command was:

./dcamprof_v104 make-profile -n Sony ILCE-7RM2 -y -5 -i D55 -I D50 -B -S -t linear combo.ti3 -r dump1 HB_a7r2_combo.json

Dropping the -y part alltogether doesn't help either. Nor does quoting the "Sony ILCE-7RM2".

Now I really don't know. Maybe I should wait for the GUI version...

scyth

« Reply #1424 on: January 29, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »

Ooops! That should have been -y of course. And the numbers - uuh, I thought the -5 would apply to all - X, Y and Z (XYZ, not YYZ, of course). Now I tried with -y -5, which is an exact quote from the documentation, but that results in the manpage, too. The complete command was:

./dcamprof_v104 make-profile -n Sony ILCE-7RM2 -y -5 -i D55 -I D50 -B -S -t linear combo.ti3 -r dump1 HB_a7r2_combo.json

Dropping the -y part alltogether doesn't help either. Nor does quoting the "Sony ILCE-7RM2".

Now I really don't know. Maybe I should wait for the GUI version...

command line is

dcamprof make-profile [flags] <input-target.ti3>  <output-profile.json | .icc | .dcp>

which means all "-" flags shall preceed .ti3 & .json... in your case you put -r flag in the wrong place

and the text for -n shall be quoted if it has spaces

---

dcamprof make-profile -n "Sony ILCE-7RM2" -r dump1 -y -5 -i D55 -I D50 -B -S -t linear combo.ti3 HB_a7r2_combo.json
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:49:07 pm by scyth »

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1425 on: January 30, 2017, 08:44:01 am »

Bingo! Thank you so much, this worked. So the following question is of more theoretical interest:
I should of course have been aware of that the flags must be before any file names. But if I put '-r dump1' as the last flag, but before 'combo.ti3', I get 'Could not open file "-r". No such file or directory.' Why is that?

torger

« Reply #1426 on: January 30, 2017, 09:08:46 am »

Bingo! Thank you so much, this worked. So the following question is of more theoretical interest:
I should of course have been aware of that the flags must be before any file names. But if I put '-r dump1' as the last flag, but before 'combo.ti3', I get 'Could not open file "-r". No such file or directory.' Why is that?

Each command expects the command line end a file name or two (depending on command), the make-profile command should end with an input file and an output file. The parameter parser is basic and just scans until there's two arguments left on the line and treats them as the two last file names, so the file names must always be last, but they could be named anything, even "-r" if you like :-)

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1427 on: January 30, 2017, 10:48:29 am »

Thank you for your reply, Anders. But I don't understand. If I put -r before combo.ti3, then there are 2 file names at the end of the command; and -r looks like a flag. Why is it interpreted as a file?

torger

« Reply #1428 on: January 31, 2017, 02:55:33 am »

Thank you for your reply, Anders. But I don't understand. If I put -r before combo.ti3, then there are 2 file names at the end of the command; and -r looks like a flag. Why is it interpreted as a file?

Checked the code, it really looks for the first argument which not starting with '-' to detect where the options end, so my above description was not fully correct. Anyway, the standard among command line tools in general is that the command line is ordered "command flags/options files". I'm a bit environmentally damaged :) as work a lot with command line systems in my regular line of work, so I haven't really given it that much thought.

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1429 on: January 31, 2017, 11:15:55 am »

Thank you for clarifying! - Good light - Hening.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #1430 on: January 31, 2017, 03:34:41 pm »

:-) Erik :-)

Checked the code, it really looks for the first argument which not starting with '-' to detect where the options end, so my above description was not fully correct. Anyway, the standard among command line tools in general is that the command line is ordered "command flags/options files". I'm a bit environmentally damaged :) as work a lot with command line systems in my regular line of work, so I haven't really given it that much thought.
Erik Kaffehr

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1431 on: February 05, 2017, 10:37:08 am »

I'm trying to make new profiles. I have put all the binaries and ref files in one folder, which I then have moved to a new directory. If memory serves me, this has worked before. Now I get "./scanin - no such file or directory". Same with dcamprof (which I ran without parameters just for the test.) Like the screen shot shows, the files are in fact in the directory. What is wrong?? Re-start of the Mac does not help. MacOS 10.10.5. ??

torger

« Reply #1432 on: February 06, 2017, 05:49:51 am »

It doesn't look like you are in the right directory in the terminal. Try typing "pwd" to show the directory you're in, and "ls" to list which files that are there.

You change directory with "cd", but note that if the directory names contains spaces you need to prepend each space with a "\". Use tab-completion (write the particial directory/filename and press tab to fill in the rest) to make it smoother. (These things are not related to DCamProf but just how the terminal in MacOS works, which is unix-based so it works nearly the same as in Linux.)

scyth

« Reply #1433 on: February 06, 2017, 07:53:28 am »

I'm trying to make new profiles. I have put all the binaries and ref files in one folder, which I then have moved to a new directory. If memory serves me, this has worked before. Now I get "./scanin - no such file or directory". Same with dcamprof (which I ran without parameters just for the test.) Like the screen shot shows, the files are in fact in the directory. What is wrong?? Re-start of the Mac does not help. MacOS 10.10.5. ??

may be you want to download some free visual file manager for OSX like muCommander ( http://www.mucommander.com/index.html#download ) to ease the pain ?

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1434 on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:43 am »

Thanks to the both of you for your fast replies.
I am aware of that this has nothing to do with dcamprof, but with Unix. I just don't know where else I should look for help in this case. -
Rather than entering the Path manually, I use ShellHere, which can be seen in the top left of the screen shot I included. You open a folder, then click ShellHere in the folder's menu bar, and a Terminal window is opened "in" that folder.
This has always worked for me. But now I can see that it returns "-bash: !/0-bin: event not found"
(The name of the folder "in" which I am supposed to be is "0-bin+ref dcamprof 1.0.4")
So it looked like ShellHere did not worke this time.
'pwd', entered in the Terminal without anything else, shows me that I am in my Home folder.
MuCommander requires to install an old version of Java which I don't feel safe to do.
Installing a fresh copy of ShellHere, deleting it's plist an restarting the Mac didn't help. Nor did copying the Path that ShellHere displayed and entering it manually in the Terminal. Then I dragged the folder, which is on a disk other than the startup volume, to the Desktop - and that worked!
And finally I figured out what was wrong: The name of an enclosing folder contained a "!" !
Sorry I bothered you with this.
I'll soon get back with a question that HAS to do with dcamprof ;-)

scyth

« Reply #1435 on: February 06, 2017, 11:01:56 am »

MuCommander requires to install an old version of Java which I don't feel safe to do.

you can install the latest then, it is not mandatory to install the old version specifically...

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1436 on: February 06, 2017, 05:16:35 pm »

Hm - I have Java installed, it seems to be from September 2014, and MuCommander wouldn't launch, required a 'legacy' version. - Anyway, my problem seems to be solved for now.
Thanks for your concern!

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1437 on: February 06, 2017, 05:56:38 pm »

Oops, now I updated to the latest Java, and now muCommander installs and launches without problems!
Thanks!

Alexey.Danilchenko

• Spectron
« Reply #1438 on: February 07, 2017, 05:27:22 am »

Oops, now I updated to the latest Java, and now muCommander installs and launches without problems!
Thanks!
There are plenty of non-Java alternatives - http://doublecmd.sourceforge.net/ or http://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html or http://devstorm-apps.com/dc/

Hening Bettermann

• landshape.net
« Reply #1439 on: February 07, 2017, 12:48:34 pm »

Thank you for these tips, Alexej. Anyway, it is a good idea to have the latest Java installed.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 78   Go Up