I have the 11000XL model. I bought it from Epson USA as a refurbished model. Have had it for many years now and works great.
No need to use the film holders. It has auto focus and "pick focus place". You would do a prescan that will show the whole platen. Then drag the scan frame loosely around one image, and press the + button on the vertical tool bar. That will zoom in and you can then fine tune the frame as you want. If you use any adjustments like ACC, Auto Color Correction, which I always do as it will set a vert good white point. It will exclude 10 percent around the sides of the image when making it's calculation. So if you may be grabbing a lot outside the actual image this could give a compromised correction. If so, you could set the frame on image content only, hit ACC and then expand the frame again. If you use the Histogram tool, ie Levels, to set a black point per color channel, which I always do, you would want to do this while being in the image only frame.
You can then hit the - button to zoom out and drag the frame to the next image and zoom back in again. It might remember the adjustments from the former scan. If so press and hold on the ACC button which will show a drop down menu at the bottom is a reset auto choice.
When you are done scanning the sheet go to the Frame Menu and chose Maximize Frame so you will have the whole platen when you prescan your next sheet.
I believe my scanner is called, 11000XL Photo. They had Graphics Arts and one other choice. I would ask Epson sales about this. If they only have the Graphic Arts model in the refurbished offerings, ask Epson if this will do for your purpose.
Definitely go with SilverFast Ai 8. You might be able to upgrade to HDR Studio for $50. That is a better work flow.