Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: pco98 on April 12, 2011, 02:32:35 pm

Title: Hugin sRGB profile default
Post by: pco98 on April 12, 2011, 02:32:35 pm
Hello all

I've been using Hugin for batch processing panoramas but I see by default it applies an sRGB profile. Is there a way to apply ProPhoto or to simply not apply a profile. I don't want to bake in sRGB and not get the benefits of ProPhoto.

Thanks for any info or suggestions

Ross
Title: Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
Post by: NikoJorj on April 12, 2011, 03:52:32 pm
Just to say, I'm too very interested by an answer... for the moment I still need a round trip in PS to apply the right profile again.
Title: Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
Post by: pco98 on April 12, 2011, 04:34:22 pm
My worry was that by having an sRGB profile baked in then you can't go back to a wider colour gamut. Has that colour information not been lost and while you can still apply ProPhoto there is no longer any benefit?
Title: Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
Post by: Thomas Krüger on April 12, 2011, 04:49:19 pm
Maybe somebody from the Hugin user group has a solution: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugin-ptx
Title: Re: Hugin sRGB profile default
Post by: NikoJorj on April 13, 2011, 02:55:12 am
My worry was that by having an sRGB profile baked in then you can't go back to a wider colour gamut.
Yes you can, as far as I can see Hugin just strips the profile from the original captures and replace it with sRGB.
It's just a matter of knowing the profile of the originals and reassigning it. Not a major bug, but a significant inconvenience.