Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on May 08, 2025, 09:30:12 am

Title: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
Post by: Glenn Bartley on May 08, 2025, 09:30:12 am
Here are a few frames from my recent shoot down in Colorado and Kansas. I had a fun week visiting a variety of habitats in the mountains and prairie grasslands.

You can see more from this shoot in my recent newsletter - HERE (https://2gyas.r.sp1-brevo.net/mk/mr/sh/SMJz09SDriOHVCpJ3imimCFjSkgz/YS_45s9t14h8)

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/White-tailed%20Ptarmigan%20-%202025-04-12%20-%20160.jpg)
White-tailed Ptarmigan

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Greater%20Prairie%20Chicken%20-%202025-04-14%20-%20247.jpg)
Greater Prairie Chicken

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Lesser%20Praire%20Chicken%20-%202025-04-15%20-%20008.jpg)
Lesser Prairie Chicken

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Sharp-tailed%20Grouse%20-%202025-04-17%20-%20069.jpg)
Sharp-tailed Grouse

(https://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Greater%20Sage%20Grouse%20-%202025-04-18%20-%20231.jpg)
Greater Sage Grouse

Title: Re: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
Post by: luxborealis on May 08, 2025, 12:26:50 pm
Always a pleasure to see your fine work, Glenn.

—Terry
Title: Re: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
Post by: MattBurt on May 08, 2025, 04:22:42 pm
Lovely work and I love the subjects too. I often see ptarmigan (which are pretty bold) up in the high tundra here in Colorado and I've even seen some sage grouse around as I live in Gunnison. But I've never really gotten a decent shot and like you mentioned the sage grouse leks are strictly off limits when they would be getting used by the grouse.
Your photos make me want to try harder.
Title: Re: A Few Funky Chickens, Ptarmigan and Grouse...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 08, 2025, 06:35:14 pm
Great shots, Glenn!

... I often see ptarmigan (which are pretty bold)...

Bold and fearless indeed :)