Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: greyscale on June 29, 2024, 03:46:38 pm

Title: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: greyscale on June 29, 2024, 03:46:38 pm
Anyone here attended the Print Workshop held by Kevin Raber? Cant find any reviews online??
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: KeithR on June 29, 2024, 04:41:36 pm
I have not, but have you checked his website for reviews? PhotoPXL.com
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: greyscale on June 29, 2024, 07:54:57 pm
I have not, but have you checked his website for reviews? PhotoPXL.com
Keith, No reviews on PhotoPXL site, or Facebook. Which is why I asked.
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 30, 2024, 03:59:06 am
I've not (it's a long way from Manchester), but I've had positive reports from some who have.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 30, 2024, 08:32:10 am
What exactly do you expect to find in those reviews that you can not derive yourself from the workshop description?
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: Kwraber on July 01, 2024, 08:06:14 am
I have run several printing workshops in the last two years. We have a huge space and five printers to work with: two Canon and three Epson printers. Two foremost experts, Jeff Schewe and John Pannazzo of Imageprint, assisted me.  We start off at my home for a reception on Friday night.  Here, I have three printers and show you how a home setup works.  Then, on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, we printed, going through the steps to make a great print; I don't know anyone who has been disappointed.  You will go home with a stack of prints from 8x10 to 40x50 inches and a new addiction to making prints.

You don't have a photograph until you can hold it in your hands.  Contact me if you have questions. Thanks.
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: Ryan Mack on July 01, 2024, 12:40:54 pm
I might attend just so I can poke at John about making me keep buying ImagePrint upgrades until basic functionality with the Canon driver works smoothly ;-)
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: Kwraber on July 01, 2024, 05:29:58 pm
IP seems to work fine with my Canon Printers.  What printer do you have?  John shows a lot of hidden gems in IP at the workshop.
Title: Re: Kevin Raber Rockhopper Print Workshop
Post by: Ryan Mack on July 02, 2024, 11:24:32 am
IP seems to work fine with my Canon Printers.  What printer do you have?  John shows a lot of hidden gems in IP at the workshop.

I use it with my 4000. I'm mostly just joking. I had been using IP on my Epson and upgraded to support my Canon as soon as they released support. Initial release had some critical issues that were resolved after 1 free and I think 1 paid upgrade. At this point things mostly work although narrow gamut toning never got as good as it was on Epson and there's still some little annoyances with the version I have (sheet feed switches to roll feed any time I change color profiles and if I forget to fix it I can misprint). But nothing worth paying for another upgrade to fix.