Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on February 04, 2021, 07:40:24 am

Title: More "go with the flow"
Post by: KMRennie on February 04, 2021, 07:40:24 am
Another 2 monochromes from my collection of hundreds of waterfalls. I am experimenting with bringing out the texture of the water and reducing the background to a minimum. One the things that I do when I can't get out and photograph. (The top falls from Inversnaid and the other is a small no name waterfall in Glen Lyon, both in Scotland) Ken
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 04, 2021, 09:24:02 am
Both are beautiful and well-executed.
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 04, 2021, 12:49:42 pm
I am experimenting with bringing out the texture of the water and reducing the background to a minimum.

Good idea, Ken. I might steal, er, adapt it to some of mine. Not sure they'll look as good, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: KMRennie on February 04, 2021, 05:15:27 pm
Good idea, Ken. I might steal, er, adapt it to some of mine. Not sure they'll look as good, though.

Jeremy
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" but I have probably "adapted" someone elses work to arrive at this. Ken
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: francois on February 05, 2021, 07:32:12 am
Really top-notch images. B&W processing is perfect and simplifies/cleans the subject and the result is very powerful.
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: stamper on February 05, 2021, 07:49:20 am
First class processing
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 05, 2021, 10:45:33 am
Nice photos. I really like #2, with the little curve in the water flow at the top.
Title: Re: More "go with the flow"
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 07, 2021, 01:39:15 pm
Nice photos. I really like #2, with the little curve in the water flow at the top.

Me too. Nice approach. Who needs context? The water's the thing.