Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on September 28, 2018, 04:23:28 am
-
One of Dorset's most spectacular bays is Seacombe Bay, here portrayed at sunset. It takes a very pleasant 30 min downhill walk to get there, and the place is so amazing that it makes the walk back, all uphill, a breeze! Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.
(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/S0072342.jpg)
Thank you for viewing, best regards
Vieri
-
Beautiful and serene.
-
Lovely.
-
Looks like a great location. Nice shot!
-
Beautiful and serene.
Thank you very much Paulo, glad you liked it! :)
Lovely.
Thank you very much Eric, much appreciated! :)
Looks like a great location. Nice shot!
Hey Matt, Dorset is truly amazing, I love it and am always surprised by discovering new locations and revisit old ones. Glad you enjoyed the image, thank you very much for your comment! :)
Best regards,
Vieri
-
What an ugly shot.
-
How about writing what you don't like about it instead of trolling ?
-
Come on Slobodan, was that kind of comment really necessary? If you don't have something constructive to say then don't say it.
-
How about writing what you don't like about it instead of trolling ?
Not different than "lovely/nice shot," "+1" etc.
-
Come on Slobodan, was that kind of comment really necessary? If you don't have something constructive to say then don't say it.
Something doesn't need to be nice to be constructive.
-
Not different than "lovely/nice shot," "+1" etc.
Sure it is. It is the opposite.
i take those as neutral or perhaps positive comment. Nothing particular to comment about or suggest to the OP.
An "ugly", i think, necessitates the commenter to offer what is offensive or debilitating in the image.
Otherwise it serves no purpose other than to document an emotion - "i don't like it" - interesting to some, but not useful for others to understand why or what.
-
Something doesn't need to be nice to be constructive.
Sure, you can get the OP to scratch his head and wonder what that was about.
And then have the comment be dismissed.
So what purpose does it serve ?
-
... Otherwise it serves no purpose other than to document an emotion - "i don't like it" - interesting to some, but not useful for others to understand why or what.
Exactly the same as "I like it" - "interesting to some, but not useful for others to understand why or what."
-
and neither is very useful to the poster. :(
-
If you insist:
The color of the sky, dull orange, is very cliche, and what most amateurs would get just to document "I was there for sunset." That type of sunset is very common, thus uninspiring.
The horizon is in the middle. That sometimes works in a square composition, not here.
The shape of the cliffs is nothing in particular. The detail is hidden (which is almost a good thing, given how unimpressive they are).
The foreground is constipated (i.e., too tightly framed, cut off).
The color of water, cyanish, is both unnatural and not harmonious with the dull orange.
-
Slobodan, your constant obsession with insulting my work is only equal to the low civility displayed by your comments. Your application of old, formulaic rules to photo critique only displays your ignorance and it only proves your closed-mindedness.
Therefore, your comments are of no interest whatsoever to me. Feel free to restrain from offering them in the future, it will save you both embarrassment and time.
Best regards,
Vieri
-
Slobodan, your ...your ... Your ... your ... your ... your ... you ... your ...you ...
Note that I did not criticize the photographer, just the photograph.
As for my "obsession" with "insulting" Vieri's work... I think I have an equal number, or more likely a higher number, of positive comments on Vieri's work, if one bothers to count.
-
Thanks god for screenshots:
-
I am right here, no need to refer to me in the third person.
About the screenshot, contrarily to you I noticed I went over the top with my answer and had the good sense to edit immediately what I felt it was (albeit true) unnecessarily harsh, realising I didn't need to go down to your level of poor civility. I wasn't fast enough, and for that I apologise.
Best regards,
Vieri
-
... (albeit true)...
Enough said.
I just love how your Dr. Jekyll persona shines while receiving compliments. One dig, however, and Mr. Hyde pounces mercilessly.
-
Nice try, Slobodan. I have no problem with critique and comments, and with having to explain my choices. My history here proves it. On the other hand, if having problems with your obsessive, uncivilised, rude and insulting attacks makes me Jekill and Hide, so be it. By the way, I am flattered to see that you take screenshot of everything I write - how is that for obsession?
You are right on one thing though: enough said. It's all written here and everyone can make their own mind about who is who and what is what pretty easily.
Best regards,
Vieri
-
This bickering is unedifying and reflects well on neither of the participants.
Jeremy
-
...By the way, I am flattered to see that you take screenshot of everything I write - how is that for obsession?...
Yes, indeed, I myself would be worried for my mental health if I would take a screenshot of everything you write. However, I just took that one reply, after I noticed you removed a crucial part of it.
How is it even possible to take a screenshot of something that has disappeared from the screen? Time travel? Turns out, "back to the future" is possible after all: using the browser's "back" button digs into the browser's cache and finds it there.
-
How is it even possible to take a screenshot of something that has disappeared from the screen? Time travel? Turns out, "back to the future" is possible after all: using the browser's "back" button digs into the browser's cache and finds it there.
Wow, that is truly impressive. Amazing, in fact. If only you applied all that effort to being less rude, offensive and more civilised, who knows what you could accomplish.
Best regards,
Vieri