Hello:
I'm new to this forum and dipping my toe in the water with the Epson R1900.
I have two questions:
1) Epson says I should use no longer than a 6-foot usb cable for my printer. I really need to place it further away, maybe 10-12 feet from my usb 2.0 connection.
I've been told that it woud be fine with a single 10 or 11-foot cable.
I've also read that you can use two 6-foot cables and connect them with a powered usb hub.
Is anyone here using these or any other techniques to place their usb-connected printer more than 6 feet from their computer?
2) I've been reading that some fine art papers can leave fibers in the R1900 than can later cause paper feeding problems.
Are there any papers that would minimize this problem with the R1900? What else can be done to prevent the build- up of these fibers and the resulting paper feeding problems?
Thanks in advance for any help.
John