Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Works IIb  (Read 150489 times)

snickgrr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 270
    • http://
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:39 pm »

I'm starting a month and half catalog shoot.  Shooting 2-3 days per week.  In the past five years or so it's been in my studio but this year the company decided it would be best if we shot closer to them.  I rented a space down there, moved one of my camera stands and some lights down and set up shop. The company is located in a small sleepy coastal town thirty miles down the coast.  A beautiful drive along a highway that clings precipitously to the coastal mountain range that end right at ocean's edge.  It's a mini Carmel to Big Sur drive for any of you that have taken that.

So I have this plan to try and get in some shooting for myself each day, mostly getting up earlier than necessary and stopping along the way somewhere along the route.

From the first day.  Still in San Francisco, right off the top of Hiway 1 looking back into the Westlake District.
And from this morning....in Princeton by the Sea looking at a field of Brussel Sprouts.

oops...A75
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:09:43 pm by snickgrr »
Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2008, 11:15:48 pm »

Quote from: snickgrr,Sep 26 2008, 04:07 PM
I'm starting a month and half catalog shoot.  Shooting 2-3 days per week.  In the past five years or so it's been in my studio but this year the company decided it would be best if we shot closer to them.  I rented a space down there, moved one of my camera stands and some lights down and set up shop. The company is located in a small sleepy coastal town thirty miles down the coast.  A beautiful drive along a highway that clings precipitously to the coastal mountain range that end right at ocean's edge.  It's a mini Carmel to Big Sur drive for any of you that have taken that.

So I have this plan to try and get in some shooting for myself each day, mostly getting up earlier than necessary and stopping along the way somewhere along the route.

From the first day.  Still in San Francisco, right off the top of Hiway 1 looking back into the Westlake District.
And from this morning....in Princeton by the Sea looking at a field of Brussel Sprouts.

oops...A75
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224476\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote

Gidday

Very nice.

I have always wanted to visit the USA, especially the West coast.

Well its 3 in the afternoon on a beautiful Friday afternoon so I'm off to the pub. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Cheers

Simon
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:18:14 pm by HarperPhotos »
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

snickgrr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 270
    • http://
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:57 pm »

Quote
Very nice.

I have always wanted to visit the USA, especially the West coast.

Well its 3 in the afternoon on a beautiful Friday afternoon so I'm off to the pub. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Cheers

Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224478\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Thanks.

Me, I'm sipping on some Grappa right now.
Logged

Saša D. Karić

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 40
    • http://
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2008, 11:53:16 pm »

Quote
From a walk today:

Logged

Leonardo Barreto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 379
    • http://leonardobarreto.com/
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2008, 08:56:15 am »

Can you elaborate a bit on the curves? the look is so soft yet not "washed out". Maybe you can start a new Zone System for the digital era... (do they have a Clickable Smilies for "envy"?)


Quote
YES Curves only, but a bit of your taste too
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224483\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Logged
[font=Comic Sa

Snook

  • Guest
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:07 am »

Quote
Can you elaborate a bit on the curves? the look is so soft yet not "washed out". Maybe you can start a new Zone System for the digital era... (do they have a Clickable Smilies for "envy"?)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224583\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is why I asked also.. I thought they were slightly HDR'ed or Shadow and Highlights was definitely brought up a bunch.
Looks good, Natural no, but good..:+}
Snook
Logged

witz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 199
    • http://www.chriswitzke.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2008, 09:18:22 am »

Quote
That is why I asked also.. I thought they were slightly HDR'ed or Shadow and Highlights was definitely brought up a bunch.
Looks good, Natural no, but good..:+}
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224585\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


snook....

are you gonna answer your PM's about your classified ad?


chriswitzke.com
Logged

witz

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 199
    • http://www.chriswitzke.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2008, 09:22:55 am »

some out takes for yesterday.....


this eyewear is made from recycled materials....


chriswitzke.com
Logged

snickgrr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 270
    • http://
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2008, 02:45:28 pm »

Another from yesterday morning.  At Moss Beach.  I haven't looked at this morning's card yet.
Logged

Grayhand

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
    • http://www.ecognia.se
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2008, 04:09:01 pm »

Pika-Boo!

Anyone?
Spotting the mail rat?

RZ/65mm P45

Ray

[attachment=8530:attachment]
Logged

dustblue

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 225
    • http://www.moko.cc/dustblue
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2008, 06:34:44 am »

Oh my..They BITE! I've been bite by a white rate, it really hurts...
 
Quote
Pika-Boo!

Anyone?
Spotting the mail rat?

RZ/65mm P45

Ray

[attachment=8530:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=224712\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Grayhand

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
    • http://www.ecognia.se
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2008, 06:56:07 am »

I think this is a good time for a ethical declaration:

No model (or rat) was hurt during this production!

   Ray
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:56:33 am by Grayhand »
Logged

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #152 on: September 27, 2008, 06:07:20 pm »

It's been a while since I've shot something that I would like to post but here's a couple from yesterday that worked out well I think.  Jim


[attachment=8544:attachment][attachment=8545:attachment]
Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2008, 06:41:28 pm »

Quote
It's been a while since I've shot something that I would like to post but here's a couple from yesterday that worked out well I think.  Jim
[attachment=8544:attachment][attachment=8545:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225034\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Gidday Jim

As always, beautiful work. A question though - was this taken with your Mamiya 28mm lens?

Cheers

Simon
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

haefnerphoto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 680
    • http://www.jameshaefner.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2008, 07:44:42 pm »

Quote
Gidday Jim

As always, beautiful work. A question though - was this taken with your Mamiya 28mm lens?

Cheers

Simon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225044\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Simon,  The first shot was the 28, the second the 35.  Usually when I have two cameras set up I try only to move the back from place to place.  Jim
Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »

Gidday Jim,

Great to see you are still using your Mamiya 35mm lens.

When I got my 28mm lens I was going to sell my 35mm lens but I still think it is a superb lens so I decided to keep it.

Personally it doesn't deserve the negative criticism some photographers have slug at it.

Your second shot clearly show its talents.

Cheers

Simon
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Dustbak

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2442
    • Pepperanddust
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2008, 11:31:03 am »

H2/CF39/50 one 32sec exposure the other at 1/40.
Logged

thsinar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2066
    • http://www.sinarcameras.com
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2008, 11:35:17 am »

Nice shots, Dustback!

Thierry

Quote
H2/CF39/50 one 32sec exposure the other at 1/40.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225207\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Logged
Thierry Hagenauer
[email protected]

Khun_K

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 349
    • http://
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2008, 02:52:01 pm »

Jenna, shot with Hy-6, Sinar eMotion 75LV, Schneider 180/2.8AF, ISO 100, f/11
Logged

Frank Doorhof

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1522
    • http://
Recent Works IIb
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2008, 08:14:53 am »

During the first 4 days of the Photokina I was demoing on the Leaf booth with the Leaf AFi-II 7 and Leaf AFi-II 10 (what a detail, stunning), although the lighting conditions during an exhibition are terrible and it's hard to judge the way the light will behave I loved these shots and therefore post them online.

Greetings,
Frank
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23   Go Up