Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board  (Read 1290 times)

GST

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« on: October 14, 2024, 06:59:32 am »

Hello,

my beloved Z3200 left me last week with a defective carriage PCA. After replacing whole carriage and cables some calibration tests point to defective main PCA, so I am now looking for an HP Main PCA board, product number should be Q6719-670015.
Maybe somebody happens to have that part (or maybe pca+power supply) hanging around ?

thx
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2024, 05:30:09 pm »


Ugh that sucks to hear  :-\ Seems odd that both carriage and mainboard would go at same time. I wonder if it's a pairing issue? Or maybe it was something else entirely?
Logged

GST

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2024, 02:14:00 am »

I am now fighting with an 86:01, maybe to root cause is indeed something different.
Logged

sportmaster

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2024, 09:53:38 am »

System Error: 86:01

Problem Description:

Problem moving the carriage, most likely due to a paper jam.




Corrective Action: Try the following:
■ Switch the Power OFF from the back of the Printer and disconnect the Power cord. Reconnect the
power cord and power On the Printer.
■ Open the Window and check for any visible obstacles restricting the movement of the carriage. If
there is a wrinkled mass of media inside the paper path, lift the Pinch wheels (using the Media
Lever) and clear the obstruction.
■ If there is no paper jam or obstacle blocking the carriage movement perform the
following:
– Clean the encoder strip.
– Check the belt assembly.
– All cables and connections between the Carriag PCA, Scan Axis Motor, and Main PCA.
– Oil the carriage rails.
■ Perform the Scan Axis Diagnostic Test ⇒ Page 3-6.
■ If the diagnostic test does not find any specific error, replace the Carriage Assembly ⇒ Page
6-100.
■ Replace the Belt Assembly ⇒ Page 6-115.
■ Replace the Scan Axis Motor ⇒ Page 6-116.
■ Replace the Main PCA ⇒ Page 6-163.
Logged

GST

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2024, 05:47:30 am »

Unfortunately the Scan Axis Diagnostic Test fails with  a PSU specific error.
The PSU test itself seems to report proper voltages, so my guess is the Main PCA is the culprit.
And this is where I am stuck wihtout replacement parts.


Logged

sportmaster

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2024, 11:00:26 am »

Ebay, LPS.
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2024, 11:44:35 am »

I've found some of those tests fail even when things are fine. There's actually at least one test that's wrong in the firmware/docs so it always fails lol. Anyhow the Scan Axis test was a PITA for me so I gave up on it and moved on and the printer works fine.

Anyhow just saying that the test results aren't always correct..., which I realize doesn't make your situation any easier  :-\

Here's what my Z3200PS Rev B showed earlier this yr if it helps...
- PCA 0.04V
- mainboard 2.565V
- carriage Vs 31.971V (manual is wrong, should be ~32V not 40s)
- Vaux 5.690V
- "pens" Vpp 29.002V

Logged

GST

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2024, 01:18:20 pm »

Thanks for pointing out the wrong carriage voltage, I suspected something like that already.
Point is the carriage moves to the left and back to the right when powering on, then stops with 86:01.
I checked oiler, bushing, belt and rails, the carriage can be moved freely. There is nothing in the way I could think of.
Does anybody have voltage numbers for the scan axis motor?

Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2024, 02:29:27 pm »

I can check but where do we find it?  I just ran the Scan Axis diagnostic test (3-6 in the service manual v11.0) and it didn't show any voltages, and I don't see any mentioned in the manual.
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2024, 09:50:01 am »

...Silly thought, have you cleaned the encoder strip? Sometimes they get ink etc crud on them.
Logged

GST

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 88
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2024, 03:05:28 pm »

Indeed, last week I disassembled the whole carriage again and I found a big black blotch of ink on the backside of the encoder strip.
While all related diagnostic infos still point to a faulty PSU, after cleaning the printer if now fully operational again.
Lesson learned: do not trust onboard diagnostics.

thanks for all the input!
regards
Gernot


 
Logged

Kyle Jackson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 532
    • Lone Leaf Photography
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2024, 03:36:11 pm »

Hey that's awesome news!!  :D

Yeah I've seen others mention similar, that the diag results are sometimes misleading, so it pays to crosscheck things. Like when I did my belt change and it "failed" some of the above tests, I just skipped them. I mean I know they're fine, all I did was change the belt!  ::)
Logged

JCD

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
Re: Looking for HP Z3200 24" Main PCA board
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2024, 05:13:46 pm »

It’s a really good idea to keep that head capping station clean. I clean mine regularly on my two Zs. Finally learned that lesson awhile back. The ink gets built up over on the right waste tank area then transfers to the bottom of the heads and the encoder strip. Put a light back there and you can clean that easily.





quote author=Kyle D Jackson link=topic=144001.msg1261796#msg1261796 date=1729539371]
Hey that's awesome news!!  :D

Yeah I've seen others mention similar, that the diag results are sometimes misleading, so it pays to crosscheck things. Like when I did my belt change and it "failed" some of the above tests, I just skipped them. I mean I know they're fine, all I did was change the belt!  ::)
[/quote]
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up