Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS 2020 Can't Find my Actions from PS 2019  (Read 813 times)

pflower

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 477
PS 2020 Can't Find my Actions from PS 2019
« on: June 14, 2020, 01:55:01 pm »

I am on Mac OSX 10.14.6.

I just upgraded to Photoshop CC 2020.  I have created a number of quite complex actions which work fine in PS 2019 but are not available in PS 2020.  Doing a search for .atn files does not show my actions on my computer.  However they are very definitely about the place somewhere and work flawlessly in PS 2019.  Curiously in PS 2019 under the Actions window I have two "folders" called Default Actions.  The first one has the standard actions included with PS.  The second one has the same standard set plus my custom ones.  Since I can't find the .atn files I can't load them into PS 2020.

 I found a document from Adobe that says to go to Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 20**/Settings and copy the Actions Palette.psp file and then paste into the new version's Settings folder.  I tried that but with no result.

Anyone got any idea about what I should do?

Thanks
Logged

john beardsworth

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4756
    • My photography site
Re: PS 2020 Can't Find my Actions from PS 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:12:29 pm »

I don't know what the underlying problem may be, but this is how I would get around it. In PS2019, select your set of actions in the actions palette, and from its menu choose the option to save them. Choose a place like desktop and save the file there. Now in PS2020, load that file using the actions palette menu.
Logged

pflower

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 477
Re: PS 2020 Can't Find my Actions from PS 2019
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 05:31:04 pm »

Once again I am in your debt.  That worked perfectly.  I had looked to see if there was an export option in PS2019 but hadn't considered that the save option would produce an external, and loadable, file.

Many thanks



I don't know what the underlying problem may be, but this is how I would get around it. In PS2019, select your set of actions in the actions palette, and from its menu choose the option to save them. Choose a place like desktop and save the file there. Now in PS2020, load that file using the actions palette menu.
Logged

john beardsworth

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4756
    • My photography site
Re: PS 2020 Can't Find my Actions from PS 2019
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 06:48:11 pm »

Great! It's also handy as a way to share actions with someone else, and also to have a backup that's independent of any backup software and of one's own error using that software.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up