We're all going to get this anyway, that's a fact.
It's 3 times more contagious then the flu and we will not have a vaccine for at least 18 months, if ever. There is no cure to the common cold and the common cold is a corona virus. It does not sound too promising.
We have to get on with life eventually, and we will all be doing the Swedish options when that happens. I'd rather just accept that and get on with life.
You know, Joe, you could do this -- just go get it, and get it over with, instead of just talking about it. Or, you could refuse to be shut in, and go back to work, but take some precautions -- maybe wear a mask, make sure you wash you hands a lot, and hope to avoid it, but take the risk.
But, not everybody's going to get it. A lot of people, like Alan, are worried (as I am -- I'm older than Alan) and so we're a bit careful. Given that, I doubt that even half of Americans will get it. It's more contagious than the flu, but people who get the flu take no precautions at all. You'll hear some media person say occasionally that you should wash you hands during flu season, but basically, if you don't want to get the flu, you get a flu shot. Only about half of Americans actually get one. The rest walk around with no protections, no social distancing, no shut-downs. That's roughly 165 million people, half the American population. Yet, the CDC's high estimate of people who got the flu this season is 56 million, or about a third of non-vaccinated people. So, it's quite possible to avoid even a pretty infectious disease, and most people do, which is probably why they don't get flu shots. The Oxford group thinks it will have a vaccine in mass production by September or so. I fully plan to hold out until then, or well past then, which I can do. Once we have a vaccine, we should be good. There's no vaccine for the corona viruses that cause a cold because there wouldn't be much money in it -- vaccines are expensive to make, but not many people die from the common cold, so few people would bother with getting a shot that might make you feel funky for three days, when the cold last four days. Anyway, I doubt that most people in America will get Covid-19; but a lot will.