Again... If I told you I am hungry, and your "remedial solution" is "well, you should eat something" is completely correct, yet utterly useless. How do we reduce greenhouse gasses without severely affecting our way of life?
Surely, unless the media one reads/views do not cover the subject (to get back on topic), there are many examples of what an individual can do to contribute to a solution.
So instead, I'm curious to ask you (presumably being exposed to different information sources than I have looked up) what you think might contribute to reducing Greenhouse gas emissions.
I've even mentioned, in one of the many thread exchanges, a (good) book reference on the subject:
DrawdownReading a copy from a library, or getting a second-hand copy, both saves you cost and helps preserving natural resources, trees.
In fact, many mundane solutions (not mentioned as such in that book which focuses more on the 100 big-ticket game changers) have to do with making more clever choices when we consume products. Given a choice between suppliers, choosing the 'better performing' one makes a difference (because it will influence the choices that manufacturers make).
Cheers,
Bart