Lr 3.2 RC seems to be running quite smoothly for me now, and I did quite a bit of importing, editing and printing over the weekend. But I have two more little snagettinos to offer up for the experts here –
• This is probably not a bug, but something I have overlooked. In Lr 2x when I imported files, in the Develop module it always created an Import Snapshot by default. Now, in Lr 3, there is no Import Snapshot. I have to remember to create one myself, so that I can return to first base if I want to. Am I missing a switch or checkbox somewhere in the Import routine?
• This one I think is a real bug, and I am posting it here (as well as sending a bug report to Adobe) because I know that Eric reads these posts and he is The Man. If I apply an EV brush adjustment to a picture after using the new Highlight Vignette, the brush also affects the vignette – in practice by darkening it (making the highlight masking less effective). Obviously, this should not happen.
• Not a snag, but a really good improvement is that the Highlight Recovery slider seems to have been fine-tuned in Lr 3. It now really does just affect the brightest highlights, without taking the punch out of the rest of the high tones. Watch out though, for pictures that you have previously edited in Lr 2x where the recovery slider was used – when converted to PV 2010 you will sometimes see a brightening of the overall highlights as a result.
John