Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on November 08, 2016, 02:07:29 pm

Title: frosty morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 08, 2016, 02:07:29 pm
In Iceland Ireland. Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: RSL on November 08, 2016, 03:46:01 pm
Good shooting, Jeremy. Brrrrrr...
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2016, 09:22:33 pm
Good shooting, Jeremy. Brrrrrr...
+1.
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 14, 2016, 06:36:55 pm
Thanks. Christmas Day, a couple of years ago. My wife and everyone I was staying with had disappeared to church, so I had an hour or two to myself. It was pleasant.

Jeremy
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: francois on November 18, 2016, 08:26:32 am
Yes, it looks cold but has that fantastic winter sky that I like very much. Let's see if next winter we got some frost here in Switzerland!
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Rob C on November 18, 2016, 08:33:42 am
Yes, it looks cold but has that fantastic winter sky that I like very much. Let's see if next winter we got some frost here in Switzerland!

You better, or its ciao to the skiing industry!

Rob
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: francois on November 18, 2016, 11:57:03 am
You better, or its ciao to the skiing industry!

Rob

Frankly with the recurring lack of snow and the very high prices of lodging/equipment/food, I wouldn't want to work in the snow sport industry. Most of the mid-altitude resorts will need some imagination if they want to survive.
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: luxborealis on November 19, 2016, 09:11:53 am
In Iceland Ireland. Comments?

Jeremy

A great morning with the frost and "complementary" sky. I feel a bit put out in not seeing the landscape behind the near hedgerow. That roundish central tree really dominates the foreground and unfortunately pulls the eye. But that's just me; I'm one for more wide open spaces.
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: marton on November 20, 2016, 07:40:06 pm
I don't think you went wide enough. As it is there isn't enough interest in this photograph for me. Potential's there, good colour etc.
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 20, 2016, 07:53:11 pm
I'm one for more wide open spaces :Posted by: luxborealis

Well, there are spaces and places, but faces? (Love the new avatar)
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Patricia Sheley on November 20, 2016, 07:57:38 pm
Hope you've made a mental note of those conditions and the palette...magical...hope you'll find your way back to them because you now sense when they might be around the corner...
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 21, 2016, 02:39:09 pm
A great morning with the frost and "complementary" sky. I feel a bit put out in not seeing the landscape behind the near hedgerow. That roundish central tree really dominates the foreground and unfortunately pulls the eye. But that's just me; I'm one for more wide open spaces.

I posted a somewhat different shot of the scene a few years ago, here (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=78496.msg630740#msg630740).

Hope you've made a mental note of those conditions and the palette...magical...hope you'll find your way back to them because you now sense when they might be around the corner...

I did, Pat: they're fields which belong to friends of ours in Ireland and we visit them from time to time. It's usually warmer, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 21, 2016, 02:45:35 pm
I took this one on the same Christmas morning.

Jeremy
Title: Re: frosty morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2016, 04:09:58 pm
That's also very nice. You should visit your friends more often!