Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Platform Photoshop?  (Read 8919 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Dual Platform Photoshop?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2006, 10:53:09 pm »

Adobe won't charge you anything.

When I switched to Macs they had me sign a "Software destruction Agreement" and mail that to them. Once they received that contract, they sent me a full copy of CS2 for the mac.

Call their customer support and they'll give you a case number and tell you the url to download the agreement (pdf).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=56156\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That’s if you agree to destroy the original version but if you want to use both, you’re going to pay. Thats fair. They don’t have to give you a discount on a side grade (I suspect some companies don’t).

I will check to see if Pixel Genius has a similar agreement as Adobe whereby you can pledge to destroy the original version and get a free side grade. I know they offer a discount on the 2nd OS but the assumption is, you’ll use both.

The major difference with Adobe is the activation. I suspect if you agree to toss the original OS (in writing), they can still ensure you can’t activate it after that. Not sure if it’s already activated they can undo that however.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 11:04:07 pm by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

61Dynamic

• http://
Dual Platform Photoshop?
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 12:34:45 am »

That’s if you agree to destroy the original version but if you want to use both, you’re going to pay. Thats fair. They don’t have to give you a discount on a side grade (I suspect some companies don’t).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=56181\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Very true.
I will check to see if Pixel Genius has a similar agreement as Adobe whereby you can pledge to destroy the original version and get a free side grade. I know they offer a discount on the 2nd OS but the assumption is, you’ll use both.
They don't. When I switched, the only option was the discount.
The major difference with Adobe is the activation. I suspect if you agree to toss the original OS (in writing), they can still ensure you can’t activate it after that. Not sure if it’s already activated they can undo that however.
They can't undo it if it is already activated and they don't require you to un-activate. So.. theoretically, you can keep the old copy of PS on the WinPC indefinitely or until the system craps out one way or another. Of course, that would be illegal and in violation of the agreement you just signed.

Giedo

Dual Platform Photoshop?
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 03:56:09 pm »

I don't find this kind of finger-pointing at a highly professional group like Pixelgenius particularly constructive.

Fingerpointing? Unconstructive? Who is blaming who here?
Come on! Of course this is easy business and they make a lot of money with it too.
 And I admire them for doing so! I wish I was that smart.
Giedo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up